• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Cameroon?

theebug

I have a soft spot for this style of cigar. My own favorites are:

1) AF Hemingway (any of them, but the short story is my Desert Island selection)
2) La Aurora Preferidos

Maybe it is just a shape thing.

I have tried the Cx2 but did not get the same flavor. It does not stop me from buying 5'ers on Cigar Bid, but they are not my favorites. Same thing with the AF Don Carlos line. I will smoke one if I have it, but not seek it out.

I would be interested to hear from others about their experiences with this type of wrapper or other cigars with a similar profile.

The Torano 1916 is a surprisingly good (to me, at least) cameroon wrapped cigar.

I also really like the LFD Cameroon Cabinet No. 1

La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1. All sizes in this cammy line are fantastic.

Fuente 858, short story.
Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto and Corona.

LFD Cammies are terrific, especially the lancero from (Al). I also like the La Aurora perfedios.

Ken

I love the Don Carlos #4.
I find them far superior to the Hemingway line.
Not crazy about the other DCs except, of course, the lancero. :whistling:

-Rob

Don Carlos #3
La Aurora Pref Cameroon Lancero

Another vote for the LFD Cameroon Lancero from Al. Got a box waiting for me at home. The Cameroon Cabinets are really good smokes, too. I've also enjoyed the Montecristo Cs, but I've only had a few of them.

I just got my order from Tampa Sweethearts and i have a few of the Cuesta Rey's (#1 and #9) in there.

I was hoping they were worth trying. They look great and now I have a recommendation.

very cool.

I love the Hemingway and Don Carlos Lines.

I smoked a Don Carlos Robusto, out of a box I bought over a year ago, and it was rich and delicious. Paired it, by recommendation, with a Sam Adams Black Lager. A wonderful match! Thanks Tony! :thumbs:

The Vegas de Fonseca line is surprisingly good, although the wrapper was hit hard with an ugly stick. The Fuente Cuban Corona is also quite nice and quite flavorful. The Torano 1916 was my favorite for a while.

But my all-time favorite cameroon is the Perdomo La Tradition Reserve Cameroon.

I'm surprised that no one is mentioning the Oliva Serie G here. Given that they get all-around good reviews, perhaps an oversight?

I was once enamored with the Don Carlos line, but I grew up. :laugh:

Doc.

Just finished placing an order on CI for the following fivers:

Torano Cameroon 1916 Robusto
Cusano 59 Rare CAM Toro Gordo
Oliva Serie 'G' Torpedo

God this is an expensive place to hang out :sign:

If I slow down enough when smoking, I will write a review.

I am very interested in trying the LFD, but they were sold out.

I put an ISO on the Marketplace. Maybe some kind soul will sell or trade me some.

AF Hemingway - I will have to try
AF Don Carlos - $10 a stick :(
AF 858 - I have not tried. Most likely expensive.
LFD Camaroon Cabinet. - I can not find.
Cueste Ray standford - I had one, mild but I am looking for more bite in my Camaroons.
La aurora Perfidos - I have a few in my possession. Have not tried yet. It is another expensive cigar :(
Cao Cx2 - not bad, but at least they are in the $4 range
Cao Camaroon Ani. - not bad, $3 range cigar
Torano 1916 - I have not tried.
Oliva Serie G - I have one and it will be my next Camaroon to smoke.

Thanks for the input fellows. I really do like the Camaroon wrapper, and you gave me insight on what to try next.

La Aurora Preferido Lancero is my favorite Cammy. Absolutely brilliant smoke and I am currently saving my pennies.

if you like the la aurora peferidos, try the la aurora robustos cammies. another good one worth trying are the h. upmann cammie reserves.

but probably the best cammie ive ever had (perhaps the best cigar ive ever had) was the sand shark.