• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO Puerto Rican Cocito

A while back i use too have a PR girl. Every Christmas this wonderful elixir was there to please. The recipes on the net never come close to the home brewed. Do i have to marry into this recipe. All the recipes I have searched have eggnog I think that's the problem. I tried to remove it but the product horrendous. HELP!!!

my aunt used to sell it but i dont know if she made any this year but i will ask.

A recipe i picked up from a stunnign PR girl.

Pour in a blender:
One can coconut cream
One can condensed milk
One can evaporated milk
cple dashes of cinnamon
cple dashes of nutmeg
4-6 Shots of Rum (i like it strong you can do less or more. This the only time I will use bacardi rum! I prefer the bacardi dark for this concoction or for the brave souls bacardi 151) since we are going for the traditional PR theme..LOL!

Pour over some ice and enjoy!

HAHAHAHA...I was just asking a friend of mine to pass along his family recipe the other day. He told me I could buy him the ingredients and he would make it for me since he can't give up the recipe. Hope the thread works out for you.

I had to post that one, because the woman who makes it doesn't give up her recipe. :laugh:

I had to post that one, because the woman who makes it doesn't give up her recipe. :laugh:

I managed to work out a deal with my friend. He's going to make a batch for us to drink. I'm bringing some smokes. We will drink and smoke until our heart's content. And then, he says, he'll give me the recipe. He's also going to try and get me his father-in-law's paella recipe. So I have to make these some killer smokes.

HAHAHAHA...I was just asking a friend of mine to pass along his family recipe the other day. He told me I could buy him the ingredients and he would make it for me since he can't give up the recipe. Hope the thread works out for you.
Its like trying to get a bbq sause recipe frome a southerner. What was the shoping list? Maybe i could experiment

Fellows... that is the most well guarded Puertorican secret recipe in the box. My mom usually makes me 12 bottles every Christmas, this year she fell ill and was only able to send me one bottle. Never the less I've sipping on it very slowly to stretch it out over the Christmas.

BTW is called Coquito not Cocito, however it can be confusing because is made of coco or coconut that's some people spell it cocito.

Raf

a guy at work gave me this resicipie after i gave him his christmas gift
Ingredients:
6 eggs
3/4 bottle white rum
2 cans coconut milk (or cream of coconut for a sweeter taste)
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup brandy

it looked familiarnot his I confronted him, in his own word's "did you think i was going to give you my recipe"

a guy at work gave me this resicipie after i gave him his christmas gift
Ingredients:
6 eggs
3/4 bottle white rum
2 cans coconut milk (or cream of coconut for a sweeter taste)
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup brandy

it looked familiarnot his I confronted him, in his own word's "did you think i was going to give you my recipe"

LOL that is why it is so hard to get the recipe.

They'll give a recipe and leave out a small ingredient so try as you may it never is the same.

Try this recipe.

12 egg yolks
1 can coconut milk
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup milk
1 cup eggnog
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
Rum - as much as you want to use
Cinnamon couple of shakes
Nutmeg couple of shakes

Don't use the egg whites, don't use the stove. NOT FOR DIABETICS!!

The Milks and the yolks and sugar have to be mixed by a machine. Avoid getting the concoction stiff from over mixing, but it still has to be a uniform viscous liquid. Usually takes about 2 hours. Like any good chef, you might have to constantly sample the mixture while it is processing to determine the optimal taste. Chill for a few more hours. Desde una Boriqua.

edit - I'm thinking about adding orange juice and making a cocito morir soñando... I think I'll call it morir cocito.

There is no brandy in coquito!!!!!

Try this, we're a simple people with very unique tastes.

Coquito

30 ounces coconut milk
14 ounces condensed milk
1 cup Bacardi rum
½ cup water
pinch of salt
½ tsp. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in the blender. Taste and more rum if you like it stronger. You need to add the water because it will get thicker later in the fridge. Increase your ingredients for greater quantities. Remember, this is borinquen eggnog. To be sipped, not slugged.

Work the recipe...you'll get it.

Try this, we're a simple people with very unique tastes.

Coquito

30 ounces coconut milk
14 ounces condensed milk
1 cup Bacardi rum
½ cup water
pinch of salt
½ tsp. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in the blender. Taste and more rum if you like it stronger. You need to add the water because it will get thicker later in the fridge. Increase your ingredients for greater quantities. Remember, this is borinquen eggnog. To be sipped, not slugged.

Dickson lay off the coquito, I posted the same recipe in post no. 6 :laugh:

hahaha... you fellows are funny. All of you are wrong and yet right, all recipes are bad but all the right ingredients and ideas are here, feel and experiment with what has been posted here and I guarantee that you will have it right in no time.

I agree with Dickson 100%:

Mix all ingredients in the blender. Taste and more rum if you like it stronger.
Code:
IMPORTANT: [b]You need to add the water because it will get thicker later in the fridge.[/b]
Increase your ingredients for greater quantities.
Code:
IMPORTANT: [b]Remember, this is borinquen eggnog. To be sipped, not slugged.[/b]

Sorry brother!!! Actually it was the brandy..........