• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need Shelving for the vinotemp

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
I purchased a vinotemp for a ridiculous low amount and posted about it a few weeks ago. Now that I have successfully filled two 100 ct. humi's I will need to begin this transformation.

I pmed Mtmouse about a week ago and am not trying to call him out, but I am anxious to get something started with this thing in case I get some nice xmas smokes from the family.

Does anyone know where I can buy some wood?/something to start to work on this vinotemp?

Thanks,
Darin

Use plastic wrapped metal shelving that you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. It's the middle of the Holidays, no one is going to PM you back :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Use plastic wrapped metal shelving that you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. It's the middle of the Holidays, no one is going to PM you back :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
thats a good idea. Is that something special or can I "do" something to the existing shelves that came with it? Also, I certainly expect mtmouse to make anything now but maybe pm back and say sure in February or something.

Did it not have shelves in it? You can use the regular shelves just fine. I do that and just use boxes to keep my smokes draped in cedary love. I also have a couple of trays from smaller humidors I use, too.

I've contemplated making drawers like others have shown (I even bought the cedar), but I'm not convinced I'll gain any space and that's the most important thing to me.

I bought the cedar at Woodcraft.

You remove the shelves that come with it and insert those. Remember measure twice cut once!

I purchased some shelves from MTMouse a short while ago and he mentioned that it would be the last set he was planning on making for a bit. They turned out very nicely, but it sure looks like it took quite a bit of work to get them done considering all of the orders that he was getting.

You remove the shelves that come with it and insert those. Remember measure twice cut once!

Am I missing something? Do the Vinotemps not have regular shelving in them? Is it that wavy stuff?

I have a Danby fridge that just has regular plastic coated wire shelving, so I don't know. :blush:

The Vinotemps should have about 6 metal racks that come with the unit.

I bought a sheet of Luan from Lowes to make shelves for mine. It only cost about $10 for the sheet and few minutes of my time to cut the shelves and drill holes in them to allow a little air flow.