• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Will the smell go away?

For Hire

My brother and I were smoking out on the deck last night. He's new to cigars and doesnt have all the ins & outs down yet. When it got cold out he wanted to go inside but didnt want to throw away half a cigar, so he cut choped off the cherry and went in. When I came in I told him that it wouldnt taste the same the next day and he should just toss it, but hes a cheap bastard. When I got up this morning I walked over to my coolidor to find a start-of-the-day-walk-to-work smoke. I opened up the coolidor to find a thick stink of a half smoked cigar filling the coolidor. I guess its not 100% his fault, I should have told him put just put it in a bag or something and keep it in his room.

So my ? is can get this smell out of there, and if so how?

EDIT: I did not tell him to put the half smoked cigar in the coolidor.

But you also didn't tell him not to either. All I can say is that smell is nasty. Probably the best bet would me to empty the coolidor and let it air out. Sucks to be your other sticks and I hope you have a backup cooler so that stench doesn't impart on the other sticks.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think the way I'm going to go is just to let it sit for the weekend and see if the smell gos away, or at least gets weaker.

Quick question, and a suggestion. I know I put an open box of Arm and Hammer baking soda in my fridge to keep it smelling "fresh", so would that work in a coolidor? I haven't tried it, but would any of our more experienced and/or smart people be able to offer any more information on this method?

Quick question, and a suggestion. I know I put an open box of Arm and Hammer baking soda in my fridge to keep it smelling "fresh", so would that work in a coolidor? I haven't tried it, but would any of our more experienced and/or smart people be able to offer any more information on this method?
On the surface that seems to be a solution. Perhaps our resident chemical engineer will stop by to elucidate us.

Doc.

i thought this was a thread about getting a fat girl nekkid in a car

:sign: Now there is a story worth tellin' :sign:

BTW Mr. Peat, Yer Screwed. Here is a great example of how one bad apple can spoil the bunch. When the "smoke" clears might I recommend a humidor lock for your primo sticks.

Do you have another Coolidor you could move your sticks into until you get your other one back to normal? That would probably be the best course of action you could take.

Bill

Back