• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some website help

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
Hi everyone, thanks for taking a minute to try and help me out.
I'm creating a "family website" for my wife's father's family - what can I say, I'm just a nice guy;). Anyway, I've got a few different sections put together already - a nice customizable calendar script, and I set up Coppermine for picture sharing

What I'm looking for now is some sort of announcement board.
The features that I'm looking for are as follows:
1) It has to be FREE or so rediculously cheap that I won't spend double digits in dollars (Hey, I may be nice, but I'm not rich!)
2) I want users to have to create an account with a valid email address to be able to post an announcement.
3) I want it to automatically be able to email everyone that is registered (probably around a dozen email addresses) with every announcement that is posted or at least a "there's a new post at the family website" type message.
4) I want some sort of central page that simply lists all of the posted announcements.
5) It would be nice (but not mandatory) to give users the ability to turn off the emailed announcments and just look at them online.

I poked around hotscripts.com but didn't find what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm just using the wrong search term.
Does anyone know of something that has what I'm looking for? Something at least CLOSE to what I'm looking for?

Thanks for taking a minute to help me out. :D
Dave

Have you considered just setting up a yahoo group? It's free, and sounds like what you want.

You could use a CMS like Mambo, PHPNuke there is a bunch out there that have ton of buit in modules.

Or use a mailing list manager script for the email aspect and then use a get command through php to post an annoucement

-P-

Try a site called, www.myfamily.com
I'm pretty sure it's free and has tons of features.
Robert :)

dave,
i would start at dynamicdrive.com or bignosebird.com. In this instance, I would probably lean towards the latter. If I can't find what I'm looking for through them, they usually have a link to the appropriate site. But to be honest, what you're looking for sounds pretty familiar, so you may find it at one of those.