• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A quality smoke for about a buck

Lee

I smoked one of those Connies Emo had in his pass today and man, what a good one!

It was a #30 Maduro and smelled so good, the guy I was working with made several comments about the aroma! I was thinking about buying a box from JR cause they're cheap and good!

I nubbed that baby! I think Emo was right about aging them, if they get any better than that, you really have an affordable, everyday smoke!

Gotta get more!

Leebo :D :D :D

I agree that Connies are a fairly decent cheap smoke. I like the no.9 maduros. I have aged some successfully to a pleasant state.

L.Lynn Cigars (shameless plug) is also a source. Larry is a fine fellow. Talks to you personally on the phone.

Can't say enough about GOOD customer service

Another good (IMHO) cheap cigar is the Tampa Sweethearts. These are trainer cigars for Fuente products available often only as often as they are training new rollers. About the same price range as Connies

JerryG

I always keep Connies #9(Maduro) and #733(Maduro) in my humidor. Sometimes they are ready to smoke as soon as you get them and other times a couple of months of aging will do wonders. I just got two bundles of the #9 and they were the darkest #9's I had ever seen and they were ready to smoke. :thumbs:

Yummy!!!!!!

I admit it, I'm hooked!

lol

Everytime I see someone post about Connies in the Maudro wrapper, seems they mention the 9 and 733 exclusively. Which one is best for a more complex flavor? I am looking for different flavors over straight out spicieness.
Leebo, each time I smoke one of those 30's it tastes better and better.
Jerry, are the Tampa sweethearts long filler or do they give the new roller table scraps until they put out a nice looking product? Since I am a Fuente fan, this seems like a decent choice for me, but since I smoke outside and it is always breezey here on the Island, I don't want ashes flying back in my face all the time.

Emo

I know Larry at L.Lynn cigars.  He lives about 20 minutes from my mom - maybe just an hour from me.  Like you said, very nice guy.  You know his whole operation is out of his basement?  He's built a massive walk in humidor that takes up over half of it!  I've only bought one bundle from him (Old Fashioned #700).  Once I have some room, I'll need to pick up some more.....

Dave :D