• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A noob's "pre-review" of another Vitasea sample

preembargo

Sleeping not so peacefully
What appears to be an Esplendido arrived Saturday in pristine condition and is now stablizing along with the new humi. She's hovering at around 72%-75% rh. I need to get it down to 65% so I think it may take a couple of weeks before I can give it any kind of a fair review so for now I'll just post my observavtions so far.

***Disclaimer-

The reality is that short of a gas chromatograph or DNA testing one can never really determine the origin of any cigar with absolute certainty, however very often a knowledgable and experienced person can determine where a cigar did not originate. Neither of which is my intent here. I will simply report my observations and determine for myself what type of relationship to have or not have with Vitasea.***

My first impression was that Vitasea takes criticism well, the cigar came in a sturdy box with sufficient bubble wrap to protect it (I'm still not sure about the Saran Wrap though, a zip lock baggie would be optimum to help it maintain its previous environment);

The wrapper is slightly rough with a slight sheen and it's color has an appealing toasted tint with a single vein mildly pronounced as it runs along the length of the cigar; the construction seems to be flawless, and the band is definitely authentic (you don't need DNA to determine that, at least). I didn't detect the "immature manure" smell described in Moki's review. I found it to have a unique but very pleasant aroma.

When it's time for the tasting, I will again give you my observations, but to ensure the best possible smoke and avoid being the cause of any potential burn issues I will let it rest at least 2-3 weeeks after the humi stablizes.

i have improved my shipping method,i believe some of the negitve reviews were of a damage problem.
thanks and enjoy