• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Warranty seal watermark update.

atuck

ANEJORE
Just thought I would let you all know what I found out on my quest to find out whether the watermark on the cuban warranty should glow pink or yellow under a blacklight. I sure did get my balls busted alot for asking this question on these forums, even if I did properly introduce myself first.

It seems that the watermark was pink before '02 and in some cases in '02. But basically since '02 the watermark has been yellow. The article that I read was from '00 and is obviously outdated a bit. The whole seal was redesigned in '00. Here is a link to that article.

http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/cubanseal/index.html

Kudos to you for 1) finding the definitive answer on your own, b)posting a follow-up, and III) welcome to CP!

LOL!!

Thought I handled that for you.!

Thanks for the update..! :thumbs:

actually i did anwser your question correctly on your previous thread .....and its a shame you got jumped on, welcome !

quote :

ive over the years had boxes with various color water marks under black light..from what ive been told this is normal.
depending on the yr. and/or factory.
seems nothing is always consistent in cuba, i gave up on the blacklight/box codes and the checking of every detail..basically i look for triple cappa and give them the old taste test..also consistentsy of roll/size.
otherwise i found myself going crazy over this stuff.