• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Highland Park 19 yo Hart Brothers

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Highland Park 19 yo bottled by Hart Brothers. Tube package, standard tall bottle, 86 proof, 750 ml, about $75 when purchased.

Highland%20Park%2019.JPG

Highland Park is made in the Orkney Islands and while there is some peating it is nothing like the sister scotches made on Islay. This particular bottling was distilled in 1977 and bottled in 1997 at just under 20 years old. Being that it was first sold 8 years ago you most likely won't find another very easily.

Today was pretty busy, I did some concrete work in the morning, mowed the lawn and then planted 3 trees that showed up a day early. After a loooooooooong shower and some recovery time I poured a nice amount of this Highland Park in my glass and proceeded to sit out on the lower deck under the tree.

The color of this dram is a nice darker straw yellow, almost golden. It noses a clean & spicy scent with a touch of cedar and peat. The first taste is sweet with almonds, smoke and honey in an intriguing combination. The finish is slightly drying and medium in length with some smokey bits lasting until the very end.

Overall, not as big and bold as some of the official bottlings but it is a rather nice dram that would do well as pre-dinner drink, exactly what it is doing for me now.
thumbs-up.gif

Good review of the 19. Never been a big fan of it myself, but rather of the 12. That always seems to treat me soooo nicely.

Thanks for the review AVB, as always. Just now had the chance to get to it.