• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to do a blind taste test

Lumberg

Opus Lover
I'll be including a whole gamut of cigars. There will be some unknowns, some that are VERY well known, and some that are ones that you've maybe heard of but never tried.

There is no cost to participate. The only requirement is that you take your time in smoking it while not being too distracted, and post an honest, thorough review. You can also, if you wish, try to guess the identity of the stick, but this is mostly to see how different cigars stack up against each other when the bands are off.

Rules:

1) First come, first serve. Size of the sample is not determined..could be 8,10,12 participants or more.

2) Each participant will receive two different sticks.

3) (*Edit*) There will be at leasttwo of each stick in the bunch, ensuring that each type gets smoked by at least two different people.

4) Please, please review the sticks in a timely manner. If you think that you won't be able to smoke, much less give careful thought to, two sticks in two weeks, don't put your name down.

5) (*Edit*) None of the cigars will be ISOMS.

As far as the reviews, be honest. Don't try to mimic the styles of others. Don't feel like you are somehow worse than others because you don't taste "hints of coffee and leather."

DO concentrate on the more concrete things about the cigar, like how it feels when you roll it back and forth in your palm. the color, wrapper, burn, ash consistency, how well the head dealt with punching/cutting, the draw, etc.

The sticks should probably start going out at the end of next week.

Ok let the sign up begin!

**EDIT**

Each person will get a mismatched pair at random. Thus each type is guaranteed to be smoked by at least two different people, and each person is assured of receiving at least two different cigars. When possible the sticks will be from the same box, right next to each other, or at least from the same batch.

Also, since I did not specifically say "first come, first serve AS POSTED ON THIS THREAD," you may notice a discrepancy once the list of names is announced. That's because some people PMed me before or instead of posting in the thread.

Thanks guys this is going to be fun!

JC

I'll give it a go. Have no problem tasting tobacco. Hints of tobacco, Over tones of tobacco and so on.

What a great idea! Count me in.

i wish i could play. cant commit to writing a review, but ill be watching to see the outcome. should be intresting.

sign me up please! I have a few taste buds that want to participate.

Glad to offer a quasi-noob opinion if there's a barstool still open.

Great idea - thanks - !!

Regards - B.B.S.

I've got nothing but freetime for the next three weeks, so I'd be happy to jump in if there's room. To complete the hot tub imagery, I'm wearing a lime green speedo :)

Lumberg - great idea!!!

Count me in if you still have room!

Patrick

Feel free to keep posting...there is no number yet and I will try to make it as big as possible (without putting too big a dent in my collection). As I said it will be first come, first serve, by order of posts in this thread.

PM Sent, but I'll post here to in order to get in line!

Thanks for this offer!

Are there prizes for people who guess the cigar correctly? or for the best review (although CD has that market cornered i think)?