• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PSP #2

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
So I smoked another PSP #2 Sunday night. I had gotten these when they were first released (Box Code; ENE 05). I smoked one when I first got them and found it (not surprisingly) to be very young and the flavors were mottled.

This smoke with 6 months of age had progressed nicely. The cigar produced a lot of smoke and the flavors began to come around. The major taste that I got from this was a deep chocolate cream. Very sweet and very smooth! It was still a medium bodied smoke and towards the end, the smoke became a bit more harsh and undefined.

It has already gotten significantly better with only 6 months on it, hopefully it will continue this trend.

Patrick

heard from a CA that this brand of cigar needs at least a min of 3 yrs to really shine..

it was funny because at a local herf he was hadning these out to al who showed up.. what a great BOTL...looks like mine will be sitting for a while..

I've only had one but I really liked it, even though it was young.

smoked a few so far... strong smokes but will definately age well. Think its time to stash some away .... they are made with 1 and a half ligero from what I was told that is why they are strong...

I have 2 boxes of these bad boys aging away. I'e smoked a couple of them so far and they were pretty good. The 2nd was better of course. Age will do nicely of these. Even with them being so young I have not heard anyone saying that they didn't like them.

I've been very pleased with this new Partagas release. Even though these cigars are so young - the Partagas spice taste and distinctive aroma are already present and coming more and more into the smoking experience with each passing month. At a recent Herf - I distributed both the FMI ENE05 as well as the FMI February release ---- to a man - everyone who tried the side by side thought the January sticks superior in taste and exhibited less of the green, unseasoned taste that leads some to shun smoking cigars this fresh...

In our case - what a difference 1 month made !!!

i believe i was one of the testers and he is absoluteley correct...also too my amazement the better of the two were also a non-intact version.

habanowhore said:
i believe i was one of the testers and he is absoluteley correct...also too my amazement the better of the two were also a non-intact version.
[snapback]215411[/snapback]​

Your powers of recall are accurate as ever Tim...... the "better" box was in fact from our "non-intact" friend and the intact Feb box was from a land down under....but those sticks are coming around beautifully as well.... :thumbs:

agreed that the p2 is one of the better cigars to come out of cuba as far as new release goes...and it being partagas just makes it even better..imo.