• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Talisker 18 yo Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Talisker 18 yo Scotch from the Isle of Skye. Standard tall bottle, 750ml, box packaging, 91.6 proof, about $$60-70.
Talisker%2018.JPG

Like the outstanding Talisker 10 yo, this dram is one of the finest in the world. Still produced by the only distillery on Skye.

Talisker 18 is exactly what you would expect from another 8 years in the cask, all the great points from the 10 yo but now with the edges smoothed out a bit and the "in your face" spiciness turned down a notch. Strangely, the extra time did little to change the color, it is almost exactly the same as the 10 yo.

This Talisker is also a medium amber drink in color with a smoky, sweet, peaty, full and well-rounded nose. The spiciness is a slow buildup rather then a instant blast like the younger version but when it does come, it comes through loud and clear. The first taste begins a build up of spiciness that just starts and keeps on coming reaching a plateau of flavor rather then a peak. The sweetness in more prevalent but still plays at the edges of malt, spice and smoke. These shifting flavors continue throughout the finish diverting your attention back and forth letting you discover new flavors as the finish slowly fades away.

This malt is outstanding and a must buy for anyone who loves the 10 yo version. An ACE :thumbs:

Because this is still a hot and spicy dram even if it is toned down abit compared to the younger version it would take a strong cigar to go well with it. I tried an Oliva Bold Maduro last time and that was just about right.

I want this stuff in a big way.

I almost picked it up with my last order but went with the Leapfrog instead figuring it may disappear soon.

I love the 10 and this stuff sounds fantastic.

So when will we see a review of the Leapfrog?

AVB said:
So when will we see a review of the Leapfrog?
[snapback]215762[/snapback]​

Soon! It's starting to cool off. It's been so warm that I have resorted to drinking beer and Gin and Tonics.

I still have an unopened bottle of the Caol Ila 18 and I recently picked up the Cragganmore 12 too. I've got some drinking to do!

Oh MAN, I just got my first bottle of this yesterday and WOW is it great! :thumbs:

I've become an Islay fan and have a couple of very nice bottles that I really want to keep around for a while instead of plowing through them in a couple of months. I asked AVB what he though I might like as an alternative to my Bowmore 25you and my Laphroaig 30yo and he suggested I get a bottle of this Talisker 18yo. He even found a source for me about 45 minutes from my house where I was able to get the bottle for $54.99! (They also had Lagavulin 16yo for $45.99 which I couldn't resist :p ).

Anyway back to the Talikser. They say this is "peppery" but I find it to be nice and smooth with a hint of that "peaty,smoky" flavor of the Islays and enjoy this very much.

If you're an Islay fan like I am, you definitely need a bottle of Talisker 18yo for your collection.

I read the WWA review naming this the best single malt of 2007, and then I read this thread so I had to try a dram or two. I got 750 from an outfit in CA via FedEx for $76.94 including shipping.
It really is a marvelous nectar. :love: Fruity, sweet hints in the nose, just smelling it was a joy! I enjoyed a dram today with a PSD4 and it was thoroughly a enjoyable combination.
Great Stuff!

edited for sentence structure.

The Talisker 12yo took the best in scotch award for 2007. I've had the 10 yo as well and it was great! I'm sure the 18 will be worth the wait.

Cheers

KW