• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diablo Picante

inflatus

GURPS
Diablo Picante > 5 X 4 > Filler: Dominican > Wrapper: Natural > $6.85.

This is the first time I have ever smoked this cigar. It lit easily and had a good burn. the wrapper did not fray and it was rolled well. This is where the pleasantries ceased.

The tastes of the cigar started as woody and plain. Midway through the experience there was a huge jump in the taste to spicy. It was not the fact that it jumped to the taste difference that made it unpleasant, it was the spice. I cannot describe it. It went from tasting like a below average cigar to a non-cigar.

I will give this cigar another chance later. I will put it on my list of second chances. I will get it at a different time and a different place. I cannot say that I would recommend this to anyone yet.

I like 'em - great cigar for mid-days camping in the woods :)

They do get spicey as heck as they burn when they're fresh, but they do tone down after a while in the humi (same spice, not as harsh a bite).

Hmmm. I've had the Diablo and have not been too impressed. I'd give it a neutral to thumbs down if other options are available.

Wilkey

:laugh: My first ever box purchase (what can I say - it was a fantastic deal). I haven't had one in awhile but I remember enjoying them. Very unique taste. Still have an almost full box if anyone wants them (I'll put up a post in the Trading Room).

I've given these all the chances I'm gonna give them. I don't like them. If I want spice in a cigar, I want it to be blended that way, not flavored that way.

Anyone who had this cigar and bought it before Sept. of this year needs to try one that is out now.

General reblended and released it at RTDA this year. The ones pre-RTDA '05 were crap. The new blend is much better IMHO.

OutlawD said:
Anyone who had this cigar and bought it before Sept. of this year needs to try one that is out now.

General reblended and released it at RTDA this year. The ones pre-RTDA '05 were crap. The new blend is much better IMHO.
[snapback]250581[/snapback]​

Thanks for the updated info. I am sure mine was before Sept.

Smoking one right now just because of this thread

Nice draw, very open.
Spicy but not much else, no hints or notes to the beginning of this cigar.

Ash comes off at about 2 inches and the cigar starts to mellow,spice drops off a little

This is a fairly strong cigar in the nicotine category, i can feel a lump developing in my throat, ahhhh i love it when a cigar does that.

The spice has come back a little but now its more of an aftertaste, thats not a bad thing.

LOTS of smoke coming from this cigar, pretty straightforward flavor, another thing i like in a cigar.

Had to do a search to find out the make up of this cigar, seems im dealing with a ecudorian sumatra wrapper a conn. broadleaf binder and a dom. nic. filler.

Kind of surprising to have that diverse a blend without having a lot of different flavors flying around.

Halfway down ash comes off,razor sharp burn, cigar is still nice and cool and solid.

Ok ive been mulling over what this cigar reminds me of, maybe a toned down El Rico Maduro.

The finish is kind of dry tasting, the nicotine really coming thru, most of the spice is a memory but still the cigar tastes good.

All in all id say this was a very good smoke, say 7 on a 10 scale.

Definately putting this one on the once a week list.

(smoked this beauty as i typed this review)

Dirick

I've got one of these in the humi that I aquired quite awhile ago so it may very well be the pre 05' blend you are talking about. Oh well, I'll have to give it a go sometime and see what happens! :thumbs:

I had one of these once and I thought it was the trippiest cigar that I ever had. Unbelievable spicy flavor. I could not decide whether or not I liked it. I guess I didn't though because I have not had one since. A very hectic cigar!