• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

[PICS] Curious if anyone has seen this band before

Hurricane Ditka

Was given this by a source, who had another box of these. Box look legit, honestly... although I haven't looked on the inside yet, as it is still unopened. I should have written down the Box Codes, though... apparently they are suppose to be an Esplendido Reserva or something. I was a bit skeptical as I've never seen this band before, nor the different color wrapper on a Cohiba. The other is a Siglo VI. The Cigar is the same size as an Esplendido.

I really don't plan on purchasing this box, but i've had good luck with this source in the past, and was a bit curious after seeing this cigar. I was given this cigar to try. Haven't smoked it yet.

I appologize for the pics in advance... looks like the coffee shakes were hitting my hands pretty hard while taking the shot.

Shot1.JPG

Shot2.JPG

The regular Cohiba band does not look right to me. The border around the word cohiba appears too wide. Compare to this: cohiba

Does anyone know if the 40th anniversary sticks are even out yet?

kro77 said:
[snapback]268565[/snapback]​

I thought I remembered reading that they were to make their appearance at the 2006 Habana Festival - Feb. 26 to March 3, 2006....but I don't remember the source of the story.

DocRKS said:
kro77 said:
[snapback]268565[/snapback]​

I thought I remembered reading that they were to make their appearance at the 2006 Habana Festival - Feb. 26 to March 3, 2006....but I don't remember the source of the story.
[snapback]268599[/snapback]​

Just heard back from a friend who is celebrating the New Year's festivities in Habana - the 40th Anny Cohiba sticks are not yet offered for sale in Habana - at least not the real ones..... :(

Happy New Year to All here. :thumbs:

Gary-smoke said:
It amazes me the length people will go to screw you out of your money.
[snapback]269768[/snapback]​

...and there are quite a few out there willing to do exactly that... ;)

Well being the impatient and curious bastard that I am, i decided to smoke it.

Well, now i'm even more curious than before. It was a pretty damn good smoke. It sat in my humidor for a little over 2 weeks, and probably could have used a few months... but curiosity got the better of me. It was definitely a well made cigar, and honestly... it really had a somewhat similar taste to the Esplendidos i've smoked in the past. (they didn't come from a glass box :) )

Hurricane Ditka said:
Well being the impatient and curious bastard that I am, i decided to smoke it.

Well, now i'm even more curious than before. It was a pretty damn good smoke. It sat in my humidor for a little over 2 weeks, and probably could have used a few months... but curiosity got the better of me. It was definitely a well made cigar, and honestly... it really had a somewhat similar taste to the Esplendidos i've smoked in the past. (they didn't come from a glass box :) )
[snapback]272271[/snapback]​

That's all that matters. :thumbs: