• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Negro - Follow-Up Thread

Thumper9

This is a follow up to a thread started re:JR's Lew calling out Padron with the issuance of the Camacho Negro. Has anyone tried any advance samples of the Camacho Negro? I'm not committing to organizing a group purchase, necessarily, especially since I have not done any deals here, but would anyone be interested in trying these out once they are released? How about Turret's and/or Santa Clara Havana Reserve? Spread the risk around, have some taste testing fun of our own? Just a few thoughts.

My thought is that being Camacho brand the Negro's must be good. Whether they meet the taste standard of the Padron is another matter, but it would be a less expensive alternative.

We had a little discussion about the Camacho Negro here. I think that's the one you're referring to.

Let's just say I am working on something to address our curiosity. ;)

Wilkey

you are correct ginseng....

i'll hang back and see what ya got up your sleeve..i'm very interested.

thanks. :cool:

I'm interested in this one as well. I really like their Corojo line.

Just what I wanted to know about before too.

I am the one guy who is not a huge fan of PAM's
but I want to see how Camacho approaches it.

Well,

Since there is the interest, I'll let you guy know that I am working a proposal up through the chain of command at JR Cigars. We'll see what comes of it. I was thinking about conducting a blind taste test against the Robusto Larga and the PAM Monarca.

If you all get itchy and would like to sample the Negro by all means let us know what you think. I was at the JR store today and did not see them out yet.