• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Followup on Camacho Negro

Thumper9

I see that the Camacho Negro has been released at JR and is even on its cigar auction - so anyone smoke one yet?

I had one the other day...during the nfc championship game to be exact. Well, I thought it kind of tasted alot like dirt. I don't know, maybe it was me, but I didn't really enjoy the flavor, but you may enjoy it...everybody has different tastes.

bunyfreak said:
I had one the other day...during the nfc championship game to be exact. Well, I thought it kind of tasted alot like dirt. I don't know, maybe it was me, but I didn't really enjoy the flavor, but you may enjoy it...everybody has different tastes.
[snapback]287367[/snapback]​

Well heck, that doesn't sound good at all. :p

bunyfreak said:
I thought it kind of tasted alot like dirt....everybody has different tastes.
[snapback]287367[/snapback]​

Now that is an idea,

Grab a shovel, a few hickory leaves, head to backyard, and make my own brand of cigar.

Catchy Slogon to...
"Tastes Like Dirt, but you might like it"

Put me down for a box of those hickory leaf perfectos.
I too enjoy Camacho smokes, some of my go-tos...but I guess this one just rubbed me the wrong way. Just wasn't a pleasant taste. The cigar did have a nice firm, but not tight draw, and wasn't harsh in the mouth/nose...very smooth actually, just didn't have a good taste/smell for me.

Obviously very young and very wet to bring out the earthy flavor of Mexican tobacco. But.... over time, the dirt taste will subside, and other flavors will come out. Once it is balanced, the cigar might be considerably different. Of course, YMMV. Just my $.02.

Emo

I have never been a fan of Camacho cigars. They all have that dirt flavor profile which I do not care for in the least. There are much better Honduran cigars out there like the El Rey Del Mundo and Jr Ultimate lines.

emodx said:
Obviously very young and very wet to bring out the earthy flavor of Mexican tobacco. But.... over time, the dirt taste will subside, and other flavors will come out. Once it is balanced, the cigar might be considerably different. Of course, YMMV. Just my $.02.

Emo
[snapback]287765[/snapback]​

And if it came from JR's, you can bet it was wet!! lol