• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macallan Elegancia 1992

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Macallan Elegancia 1992 version, 1 liter bottle, box packaging, 80 proof, 12 years old. Sold in duty free only or at the Macallan website. About $50.

Macallan%20Elegancia%201992.JPG

While Elegancia is 12 yo like the standard Macallan it is not the same. I don't know if it is on purpose or just the luck of cask selection that causes this to be a lighter less spicey dram.

Macallan Elegancia 1992 is a lighter color then it's standard 12 yo brethren by quite a few shades. The nose is more citrus then one normally finds in Macallan with orange and malt blending together with some of the normal Macallan spices. The first taste is light, smooth and fairly sweet. The citrus noticed in the nosing is not as strong in the tasting. However, there is a certain underlayment of fruit that all the other flavors float across. The finish is soft and short with baked apples coming to mind at the very end.

Overall, a very easy drinking dram that is different enough from the standard Macallan 12 to stand on it's own. If you see it in the duty free and are looking for a moderately priced bottle this will fit the bill nicely.