• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shark sighting...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Ok..After a BOTL stepped up to the plate to help me fulfill this 3 month plus quest of mine, I'm smoking my first Shark and 2nd Anejo ever. My hats off to you and thanks again.

The cut went perfect which is no surprize with the density of this cigar. First taste on the palate before I warmed the foot up was a little hint of sweetness. Goody i am thinking. I started at 8:45pm on a empty stomach and a glass of The Balvenie 1991 Portwood which I didnt take the first sip till 15 mins into this cigar.

The warming stage went well. I started puffing on this and here was my first impression. The smoke is mild. It has a slight creamy taste mixed in with a subtle hint of what I think is chocolate and also some mild woody taste. Mind you my taste buds are completely ruined but this is my first impressions of the 1" of this stick. I'm starting to think it has taken a earthy taste to the cigar at the 18 min mark into this stick. Still a subtle sweetness to it and the smoke is still mild. There also seemed a slight hint of spice to this stick and I hope that it comes out.

I am finding this stick to have some uneven burn issues but nothing major or distracting from this experience I am witnessing first hand. The draw is really good too. Kinda surprized in that the draw isnt tight and if you had a Shark, you know how dense this stick feels. Plenty of smoke coming off each puff without much effort. A big plus for this cigar. At 9:18pm te burn issue went away and the smoke has kicked up a notch. About 1/2 way into the cigar.

Still has a creamy, earthy taste and semi sweet. Well at 9:23pm I started to get a slight buzz. The smoke has definitely kicked up in strength as now ly left eye waters a little as the smoke rafts up into my face. Even the lips tingle a little. I'd say there in a undertone of a spice but not completely sure if that is what i am picking up on.

At 9:50pm i still have like 3" left. So I will conclude this long review. It was a great smoke and well worth the wait. I have a 2nd one that I will let sit in the humi for some time to come. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 rating. An easy A.

Mmmmmm.. Shark hunting! A great sport... and a tasty reward!

Love them Sharks... good thing I bought a cabinet humi! :whistling:

while i have only smoked a #46, and am quite excited to try the other sizes!!!

Well, this cigar lasted me 2 hours and still have like 1 inch to go. Its a nubber for sure. :) It mellowed out at the end.

Nice. thanks for showing me this link. I told you it has a kick to it in the end, nice to see that you are human after all ;)

Glad you enjoyed it! :D

siriusstoogie said:
Nice. thanks for showing me this link. I told you it has a kick to it in the end, nice to see that you are human after all ;)

Glad you enjoyed it! :D
[snapback]294199[/snapback]​

The smoke got strong, not the cigar. i'd say this was almost a medium cigar. I just smoked 2 LDF Double Ligero chisels in the same day on a empty stomach. I didnt even get a buzz off them.

Mr Peat said:
I just smoked 2 LDF Double Ligero chisels in the same day on a empty stomach. I didnt even get a buzz off them.
[snapback]294214[/snapback]​

Do you mainline liquid nicotine often?

Nice review Loren. Of all the Anejos this one has still fallen outside of my grasp. Oh well. Nice review, glad you enjoyed it.

Do you mainline liquid nicotine often?
PS-- I have seen this guy go through many heavy cigars in a row on an empty stomach with no ill effects. I think he is a cigar smoking, scotch drinking robot :laugh: . Please see attached picture.
BenderCigar.jpg

I've made similar commets to Mr. Peat. The man is a cigar addict plain and simple. :D

Wow. A scotch drinking cigar smoking robot...what a great job. Are you accepting resumes? I am willing to be converted to cybernetic (sp?) perfection in order to more efficiently enjoy my two true loves.

Here is just some of my bands. I stress the word, SOME of them. And I've thought of doing a prize by seeing who can guess how many bands I have total in my possession one of these months. Then you can get some idea how much cigars I do smoke. :laugh:

DSCN02200001.jpg

Nice review Peat!

I vote for your new CP member title to be "Cigar drinking, scotch smoking robot"

How about it? :p

Wilkey

Wow! What a pile.

Only one place up by me had sharks and the reason he still has them is because he wants twice MSRP. Shop is full of hard to fine smokes. Saw a couple of boxes full of blom. But he is a Gourger so I haven't purchase anything from him.

Another shop by me gets most AF items and is priced much better. I think if he gets them they go to the regulars first. Just started to go there on fridays nights. Small store. Selection is wanting as of last friday, but the owner is nice. Can he talk.

Chris

DSCN02230001.jpg

Yeah. One can say I smoke a couple of cigars a week.

Mr Peat said:
Here is just some of my bands. I stress the word, SOME of them. And I've thought of doing a prize by seeing who can guess how many bands I have total in my possession one of these months. Then you can get some idea how much cigars I do smoke. :laugh:

DSCN02200001.jpg

[snapback]294429[/snapback]​

I'd be in the contest, Peat! But only if first prize is that copy of Waterworld ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: just kidding... damn that's a lot of cigars ???

Wow, the second pic with all the Punch (one of my favs) labels is driving me insane. I swore I wasn't gonna smoke tonight, but I may have no choice after seeing that.