• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1964 alternatives

mingkou

The cigarhut (www.internetcigarsales.com) is selling 1964 Padron alternatives. What is interesting to me is that they claim they are made with "the same blends" as the original. They are about half of the MSRP of the 64's. Anyone ever try these things or know what they mean by the same blends? Their prices on AF are, uh, a little steep.

mingkou said:
The cigarhut (www.internetcigarsales.com) is selling 1964 Padron alternatives. What is interesting to me is that they claim they are made with "the same blends" as the original. They are about half of the MSRP of the 64's. Anyone ever try these things or know what they mean by the same blends? Their prices on AF are, uh, a little steep.
[snapback]297020[/snapback]​

Same blends my ass. If you want the PAM taste without the PAM price, buy some of Padrón's regular line, such as the 2000s or 3000s, and age 'em for a few years.

Does anyone know why the Truth in Advertising Laws don't seem to apply to cigars? Some of the Ad copy I see and hear seems to have a gross disreguard for the truth.

Doc.

Devil Doc said:
Does anyone know why the Truth in Advertising Laws don't seem to apply to cigars? Some of the Ad copy I see and hear seems to have a gross disreguard for the truth.

Doc.
[snapback]297070[/snapback]​

I would guess because what an individual tastes is different for everyone......oh and they are dirty lying basta... :D

mingkou said:
[snapback]297020[/snapback]​

Although this sounds ridiculous, it would be fun to try one - I'm guessing it would bring one many chuckles. :)

Anyone get JR's latest catalog? Camacho's new line ... The Camacho Negro is being compared to The Padron Anniversary series, as well. I was at a Camacho function yesterday and asked Christian Eiroa about them. He is truly bothered by "the creative copywriting coming out of JR's" as he put it.

The line is exclusive to JR's, and other than the box press, they are two "very different" cigars according to him.

Seems to me that every time a cigar gets a good review in a couple magazines, somebody comes up with a smoke that "tastes just like .... " fill in the blank, and there's always more than enough folks willing to believe it, and buy it!!

**edited for spelling*

The only cheaper alternative to a PAM that I have had is a Torano 1959 Gold. Sometimes they taste like a PAM, depending on how my palate is working at the time. Other than the X000 series Padrons of course.

Can't get closer than a Padron Fumas. Taste-wise.

Ricmac25 got me hooked on the regular line Padrons. The Delicias Maduro with "a couple year on it" was one of the best cigars I have ever had, and definitely the best sub $5 cigar I have tried. That is the most convient size for me, but it packs so much flavor!
I bought a box to put away for a couple years, but I really dont see myself being that patient. Unless someone magically manages to copy the PAM soon, it looks like I am gonna have to pony up for some.

Jack Straw said:
I was at a Camacho function yesterday and asked Christian Eiroa about them. He is truly bothered by "the creative copywriting coming out of JR's" as he put it.

The line is exclusive to JR's, and other than the box press, they are two "very different" cigars according to him.

Seems to me that every time a cigar gets a good review in a couple magazines, somebody comes up with a smoke that "tastes just like .... " fill in the blank, and there's always more than enough folks willing to believe it, and buy it!!

**edited for spelling*
[snapback]297133[/snapback]​

Excellent information. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Wilkey

Nothing like a PAM or a Padron 1926. I find that the smoke is different from these cigars, a little more solid than that from any other cigar I've smoked. This would actually be disturbing if the smoke did not taste so damn good.

Even an aged cigar from the regular Padron line, while the flavor aproaches the higher end cigars, does not come close in the smoke department. An aged Torano Nicaraguan Selection moves in the general direction as well (haven't tried an unaged one, so I can't comment on that), however again, the smoke is not the same.

atuck said:
The only cheaper alternative to a PAM that I have had is a Torano 1959 Gold. Sometimes they taste like a PAM, depending on how my palate is working at the time. Other than the X000 series Padrons of course.
[snapback]297170[/snapback]​

Fascinating! The Toraño Gold taste nothing like PAMs to me. I mean not even close. :laugh: I guess we should be glad they make so many different stick for so many different tastes.

Wilkey

IMO and this is just IMO the Torano Tribute 2004 tastes like a PAM, but that is coming from me just having about 10 Tributes in my life and about 20 PAM's.