• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lars Tetens Happy Cuba #3

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
So gandolf was “kind” (I use this term loosly :laugh: ) enough to send me a Lars Tetens Happy Cuba #3, at my request, so that I can finally answer the age old question…Which is worse Acids or Lars Tetens. Now mind you it has been a while since I was exposed to an Acid, but I think that the scars will remind me of what they are like.

--PreLight--
This stick came to me in its own individual ziplock baggie. Thank god because even with such a wrapping this cigar produced a strong enough odor to make me question this adventure. After removing it from its plastic prison I found that the cigar itself did not seem as potent as I had expected. A light odor, quite reminiscent of my grandmothers furniture, rolled off of the cigar. Anise, sambuca and a few other floral and herbal notes are obviously present.

The overall construction of this cigar is very different from many standard production cigars on the market. It would seem that the form of this cigar is relatively uniform, yet a few things stand out. Firstly I found that the cigar sports a very slight trumpet towards the foot, which is uncut. Second and lastly, Happy Cuba has a party hat in the form of a pig tail cap.

Wrapped around this cigar is an almost burnt orange oily wrapper. Whether this oil is natural or a product of the Lars flavoring process is unknown, but either way it is still present.

Well…..I have drawn this out as long as I can……time to cut and light…..

--Cut and Light—
So before I go down this road I have decided I need to eat, as this may be my last meal. I put down a nice assortment of sushi and eat a lot of wasabi, washing it down with a powerful energy drink. Now that I am full of green horseradish, raw fish and amped on energy drink I feel well prepared.

A cut and dry draw makes me feel like I am licking a cologne insert from a magazine. I question my motives. I torch the end and burn up all of the extra wrapper. This hits me with an experience that I must describe as what it would be like to light Calvin Klein on fire.

--Inch 1--
I am an inch in and interestingly not totally offended. The smoke that is rolling off of the cigar is quite pungent with the aromas I have described so far, but to describe them again I think it smells like burning a hippie.

The flavor I am receiving is similar to maple and nutmeg with a twist of Stevie Ray Vaughn. Ash being produced is very light and flakey.

--Half Way—
So I have actually noticed flavors of tobacco in this cigar, unlike an Acid. Strong cedar notes follow the burnt walnut haze. Also by this point the smoke has become more acidic and harsh with a bite similar to whiskey. The overall burn is mostly consistent with the occasional touch up. As for the aroma, it is still consistent with the odor produced earlier.

--Finish—
Now I have come to a point that I must finish this smoke. My mouth feels like I poured in a cup of Robitussin and lit it a blaze. The Happy Cuba is not so happy. All of the construction of this cigar has fallen apart and the taste has started to make me a little ill. Of all things this cigar is still producing the cloud of psycadelic scent that it has all day.

--End notes—
With this experience behind me I can now say that these are “better” than Acids, but not really a good cigar in my opinion. I would say that if one had to choose between the two I would go for the Teten’s, but still go reluctantly. These cigars are very over rated.

Every cigar comes with its own adventure. This one was an interesting one indeed, and a trail that I think I will not travel again. Hope this helps you guys out

Smokem’ if you gotem’

--Tony

Well Tony thanks for having the balls to smoke a Acid and now this stick. Cuz I still cant lower my standard that low and needless to say, I will never smoke either these two sticks. :laugh:

GREAT review.
Burnign a hippy, lighting Calvin klain on fire, fmaing Robustussin....these are some of the best descriptors I have ever heard.
As someone who was once gifted a nubmer of Lars' sticks, I must say I agree with your review.

Funny, accurate, and well thought out.

You are a brave, brave, man... your review was a pleasure to read! :thumbs:

Nice end to a boring Friday.

edit: no reason whatsoever aside from the fact it hasn't been 10 minutes yet.

I tried to warn you! But noooooo, you had to open the package and light the damned thing.

Kids.

OpusXKC said:
Every cigar comes with its own adventure. This one was an interesting one indeed, and a trail that I think I will not travel again. Hope this helps you guys out

Smokem’ if you gotem’

--Tony
[snapback]300273[/snapback]​

You're a bigger man than me! I'm so sorry for your loss, Bro, but I was truely entertained by your review. I'm with Terry Bradshaw on sushi.

Tells me to watch out for stuff in the mail from Gandalf, though :p