• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Digital Hygrometer from CP Store

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Hi guys,

so in my ongoing search for hygrometer simplicity and perfection, I came across what the CP store was selling, this little round cutie:

DHYG-Round_02.jpg

Now I know it looks big in this image, but it's actually quite small. I was all set to post pictures of my setup but alas I forgot my digital card reader at work, and can't upload any pictures from my card to the PC. So pictures will follow tomorrow.

Now onto the review:

I got this in about 1 week after ordering from the store. Actually since I'm in Canada, the store had a bit of an issue calculating the shipping costs, but I contacted Rod directly through PM and he was more than happy to help me out. Guy got me prices quickly, we did the deal over PM and he shipped the product out to me.

Once it arrived I was amazed at how small this thing is. There's one button on it which lets you switch between farenheit and celcius temp. The box told me the hygro would be accurate +/- 2% so I immediately salt tested it. After 10 hours the reading was 74% -- nice! Only 1% off which could be accounted for with my sloppy salt testing techniques. I'll probably re-do the salt test again just to make sure but i'm fairly confident it's almost 100% accurate.

Once I put it in my humidor I realized just how bad my analog hygrometer that came with the humidor was. I let the digital sit in the humidor overnight and the reading was 66% (67 if it's off by 1%) My analog hygrometer is reading OVER 70% -- closer to 75%.

From now on I'll be trusting the readings of the nice little digital, and unfortunately I can't get rid of the analog as it's one of those that's built into the front of my humidor -- if I remove it there's a huge round hole into my humidor. Oh well live and learn.

I just wanted to give props to Rod for a great product! I recommend other BOTL's that are looking for a good cheap and accurate digital hygro to check out the one in the CP store.

As promised, here are the pictures:

After the salt test -- 74%, 70F
hygro15kk.jpg

Look at the size compared to a Canadian quarter!:
hygro21hd.jpg

Here's my analog hygrometer. Please note the digital tells me it's 66% humidity while this one says:
hygro35gb.jpg

Looks great! Glad to hear you're happy with your new hygro. It's definitely a quality peice.

I also have this particular hygrometer, although I did not purchase it from the CP Store,... :blush: and it is very accurate out of the box. Salt tested it and 24 hours later it read 75%. :thumbs:

One thing that really sold me on it is that it's round so it fits in the cut-out where the analogs usually go so you don't have a hygrometer taking up precious humidor space.

I also have this particular hygrometer, although I did not purchase it from the CP Store,... :blush: and it is very accurate out of the box. Salt tested it and 24 hours later it read 75%. :thumbs:

One thing that really sold me on it is that it's round so it fits in the cut-out where the analogs usually go so you don't have a hygrometer taking up precious humidor space.

I wish it were the case for my humidor, but as you might be able to tell from my picture, my analog hygrometer is MUCH larger than the digital, so the digital won't fit the hole. :( I hate it when I can't fit the hole.

I gotta check these out, I have 2 of the most crappy hygrometers known to man. Ones is +4%, the other -3%.

I've got you all beat, my current digital (Little Havana Perfecto model) is -12%!! :0

I'm thinking about getting one of these, thanks for the review!

Have you tried changing the batteries?

I've got you all beat, my current digital (Little Havana Perfecto model) is -12%!! :0

Yup, been through a couple sets of new batteries but still reads the same degree off. :(

OMG, my little digital is about +8% and I was pointed to the Little Havanna Perfecto as being "one of the most accurate and best." Especially since it says on their website it is guaranteed to +/-3% and calibrated before shipping!

Well, I should be getting my Little Havanna one anyday.

OMG, my little digital is about +8% and I was pointed to the Little Havanna Perfecto as being "one of the most accurate and best." Especially since it says on their website it is guaranteed to +/-3% and calibrated before shipping!

Well, I should be getting my Little Havanna one anyday.

Hopefully yours will be better then mine is! They ALL can't be bad!

What gets me is the difference, even on different salt tests. This am, I completed my second salt test and my small digital that read +8 (83%) on the first test, now read 75%.....

A good hygrometer is always a must. You need to know what your humidity is at or you can ruin your cigars very quickly. That's a nice looking hygrometer you are selling Rod.