• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Stick

Tenpin

If you have been following "My Anniversary Pass", you've read that I had placed a "Cohiba EL2004 Double Corona", which I have learned is counterfeit.

I am starting this thread to help all of us (me included) learn a bit more.

I was able to retrieve the empty box and posted 10 pics of the box, as well as 3 pics of the stick.

Moki has already given info about the stick and band. Here are his comments:

Cohiba Double Corona Edicion Limitada "2004" -- the "2004" is in quotes, because the 2004 EL release for Cohiba is the Sublime (6 2/5" x 54), not the Double Corona (7 1/2" x 49). Other give-aways are that the wrong typeface is used for "Habana, Cuba", the "Edicion Limitada" band is not embossed, there are only two rows of dots above the "Cohiba", the print is of poor quality all around, and numerous other discrepancies.

Here is the link to my pics:

http://www.virtuallyany.com/images/cigars/

Thanks,

Jim

The only place I've seen "Doble" corona on boxes, was in Spain. Lots of obvious things about those that glare out to anyone with a bit of knowledge about Havanas. Where did you purchase them??

LOL, they mis-spelled the word "double" label:
DSC00013.JPG

What clasp does the box have?

Brian

If the label is in Spanish, doble is the word for double in Spanish!

The word "Doble" is used occasionally and is not an indication of counterfeits, even in Oklahoma.

Made me look at the two I have. :laugh: Thankfully, I'm good.

Nice rubber stamp... notice the damage to the wood bottom of the box where they stamped it?

DSC00010.JPG

These are pretty bad fakes, Tenpin...