• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone know anything about this big boy?

theorangeman

I'm looking for a big cabinet, and my price range extends to about $1,200 max. My main concern is that the cabinet has a good seal and the last thing I want is to get this unit to only find out that the seal is poor. Shipping is about 200 bucks - that would be a costly lesson. Therefore, anyone have any insight regarding this humi or suggestions for alternatives (that allow about the same amount of storage, or more?)

Humidor Cabinet

Scroll down to the 3000 Cigar Humidor Tower -Oak-

This looks exactly like the same tower I've seen on CI and C-bid, as well as cheaphumidors.com. I think it often goes by the name "Tower of Power". I'm not sure if these are all the same creature sold by different vendors, but the stock photos sure do look identical.

As far as function, I'd be very curious to find out as well. One of the websites where I saw this had some thing all about their quality control and seal testing on each unit before they go out, but I'm not sure if that's just a bunch of bs or not.

These seem AWFUL cheap for what they are. If I tried to build something like this, I'd invest that much in material alone.

These seem AWFUL cheap for what they are. If I tried to build something like this, I'd invest that much in material alone.

That's what makes it so tempting yet at the same time leaves me a little skeptical. If it were a smaller humi, I'd just order the sucker and if it didn't seal well, then I would just return it and suck up the shipping costs. However, with this guy, we're talking about 200 bucks. It's the kind of thing you want to get right the first time!

This looks exactly like the same tower I've seen on CI and C-bid, as well as cheaphumidors.com. I think it often goes by the name "Tower of Power". I'm not sure if these are all the same creature sold by different vendors, but the stock photos sure do look identical.

I believe you're correct, Gonz. However, this is the lowest price that I've seen it being sold. I originally saw it going for $800-$900 from other sources.

Cigarwife has one of those.She is a regular over at stogiechat,no complaints from her and her husband.

Its actually the one I'd like to grab for my office.

Yea I was thinking about one also.. Just a little leary.... Its sounds like the people that have one are satisfied. So who knows...

I just chatted with another guy (not on this board) and he really likes his as well. He just wishes it was bigger. :laugh:

Isn't that the way it works, no matter how big you go, there will eventually be a day that you need something even bigger.

Check with Aristocrat Humidors and the buidler is Bob Staebell. Custom service and quality is above and beyond. Communicates with you ever at step. I have one and my holds about 40-50 boxes and 300 loose cigars in the top chair. I had mine shipped from his facility in Texas to New Jersey. Not one scratch.

Actually it should say builder and top shelf. Sorry....

Check with Aristocrat Humidors and the buidler is Bob Staebell. Custom service and quality is above and beyond. Communicates with you ever at step. I have one and my holds about 40-50 boxes and 300 loose cigars in the top chair. I had mine shipped from his facility in Texas to New Jersey. Not one scratch.

Actually it should say builder and top shelf. Sorry....

:laugh:

Yeah, but can I borrow a couple grand? We're talking a $599 unit compared to one that is 2k + for the same size. I intend to get an Aristocrat humi one day, but not quite yet. ;)

That's what your wife said to me! :D Good Luck on the humidor!

Smokeeeeeey, get your fat ass back to the WAR thread where you belong. ;)

That is a sweet price for that cabinent. I am ordering one today. Anyone feel the extra 100 bones is worth it for the cherry finish vs. oak?

That is a sweet price for that cabinent. I am ordering one today. Anyone feel the extra 100 bones is worth it for the cherry finish vs. oak?

Yeah, I think it is worth it if it looks nicer in your home. In my house, cherry color would stand out like Smoky's fat ass. :whistling:

No matter where you look, there it is. There's just no getting around it. Oh yeah, we're talkin' humis - back on track... for me, oak works better in my theater room where I have mostly black furniture.

Now the question is, can I just find a temp. control unit to install in that cabinet that works and is cost efficient?

edited - because I wanted to

I think the higher-end hand-made craftsman -- and I think Bob Staebell is considered by many to be the best of the best -- truly offer great pieces. I've heard rave reviews about Bob, Vinotemp, Avallo, and a few others.

However, once you get into these more "mass production" (even if they are hand-made), machine made, finished, or more importantly, less costly units, there is a sacrafice somewhere. It's economics. Are there quality lesser expensive units out there? Sure, I think there are. However, I think you need to be more educated, more cautious, etc. when looking to buy one of them. That's a "big" unit for $599. I would really do my homework.

Good luck.

Eric

I agree with your comments Eric. So far, I haven't had a single person state anything negative about it, although I've only heard from 5-6 owners at this point.

I think the higher-end hand-made craftsman -- and I think Bob Staebell is considered by many to be the best of the best -- truly offer great pieces. I've heard rave reviews about Bob, Vinotemp, Avallo, and a few others.

However, once you get into these more "mass production" (even if they are hand-made), machine made, finished, or more importantly, less costly units, there is a sacrafice somewhere. It's economics. Are there quality lesser expensive units out there? Sure, I think there are. However, I think you need to be more educated, more cautious, etc. when looking to buy one of them. That's a "big" unit for $599. I would really do my homework.

Good luck.

Eric
I think the difference in prices represent over seas purchasing and pre-assembly work. My guess is that these are made in Taiwan, and assembled here in the states. Wood, hardware, and labor in Taiwan are pennies on the dollar.

Personally, I would consider a quality kit to put together myself for $600-$700. I am actually considering the small cabinet with the electrical socket inside. Put a 2 pounds of beads set up with a fan in each corner to blow over the beads once every 6 hours for about 5 minutes.

Emo