• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ginseng meets Vitasea

moki

el Presidente
Wilkey, on their way to you is a 5-pack of "house rolled" Cuban cigars that Vitasea sent to me. Ignore the bands on them, none of these are the genuine article... but they may not be bad smokes.

I'm hoping you'll do everyone here the pleasure of smoking each of these cigars, and posting your reviews of them in this thread. If you wouldn't mind amending your will to add me as a beneficiary before you embark on this little expedition, I'd appreciate it.

But seriously, the cigars may not be bad... ya never know. If nothing else, it'll be entertaining. The cigar package includes the infamous "Flying Pig" 60 ring (or so) robusto, a Partafaux Salamones, a Choihiba Siglo XX, among other cigars.

DC# 0305 1720 0001 9557 6560

Good luck! :whistling:

Woohoo!

I will subject them to the full workup. Thanks, Andrew. :)

I'll have these scanned in the X-ray lab before smoking. ;)

Wilkey

Wilkey,
You should dissect one to see how much is long filler, if there are stems, etc

Just a thought

It could also turn into an autopsy... either of the cigars, or of Wilkey! Who knows if he'll survive the Vitasea cigars! :)

Andrew, what did Wilkey ever do to you to get you SO PISSED at him that you'd subject him to such inhumanity? ???

yeah this should be pretty good....sad part is Vitasea cant be here to see how terrible his shit is!

Wilkey, on their way to you is a 5-pack of "house rolled" Cuban cigars that Vitasea sent to me. Ignore the bands on them, none of these are the genuine article... but they may not be bad smokes.

I'm hoping you'll do everyone here the pleasure of smoking each of these cigars, and posting your reviews of them in this thread. If you wouldn't mind amending your will to add me as a beneficiary before you embark on this little expedition, I'd appreciate it.

But seriously, the cigars may not be bad... ya never know. If nothing else, it'll be entertaining. The cigar package includes the infamous "Flying Pig" 60 ring (or so) robusto, a Partafaux Salamones, a Choihiba Siglo XX, among other cigars.

DC# 0305 1720 0001 9557 6560

Good luck! :whistling:

Good choice of testers, Andrew. Wilkey won't let us down.

Andrew, what did Wilkey ever do to you to get you SO PISSED at him that you'd subject him to such inhumanity? ???

Actually Bill, you were my first choice as the recipient of this package, but I figured you wouldn't write up reviews. ;)

I take no prisoners. Here's a dissection I recently carried out on a purported Hoyo de Monterrey Churchill.

Consider yourself warned. It ain't pretty.

The wrapper leaf
Wrapper01.jpg

The two binder leaves as unwound.
Bindera01.jpg

The two binder leaves with inner piece moved down.
Binder02.jpg

Filler leaves. 1/5
Filler01.jpg

Filler leaves. 2/5
Filler02.jpg

Filler leaves. 3/5
Filler03.jpg

Filler leaves. 4/5
Filler04.jpg

Filler leaf fragments. 5/5
Filler05.jpg

Wilkey

Hey Wilkey, keep it simple for us boneheads, Michael and I are kinda slow. Well mostly Mike but hey.......whatcha gonna do, ya know. :p

Here's a review of two of the same ones sent to Wilkey, as vitasea sent them to me also....

Both were Cuban and both were good. The robusto was a very strong cigar, almost too strong for my tastes and definately too young tasting. I haven't smoked the "flying pig" yet, or the salamones, but both look tasty. I wish vitasea would just give up representing these are regular productions and call them what they are, house/farm rolled Cuban cigars. They could be better made, but this roller is decent, as far as construction goes. He's not a Toboada or Hamlet, but he's not an apprentice either.

No wonder they taste bad with those plastic yellow arrows rolled up inside.

Put down the Moontrance and pick up the Flying Pig, Wilkey! :)

I've kept these Vitasea sticks in my overflow cooler and wow, they are pungent. They have an intensely rustic, animal funk smell to them. They are bordering on offensive and, of course, do not smell anything like the genuine articles.

I've started documenting them photographically and I hope that on Monday, I'll be able to start taste testing.

As for the arrows, AVB, they must be a training device for apprentice torcedors. :p

Wilkey

I've kept these Vitasea sticks in my overflow cooler and wow, they are pungent. They have an intensely rustic, animal funk smell to them. They are bordering on offensive and, of course, do not smell anything like the genuine articles.

Oh... that's me actually, Wilkey... that animal funk smell. I rubbed the cigars in my armpits before sending 'em to ya. Hope there are no hairs in there, they might get stuck in your teeth!

Back