• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

King B opinions?

SMOKE!

I just bought one the other day, I will give it a couple of weeks in the humidor before I smoke it. Anybody here tried these? How many have you had? What do you think? I cant wait to light this one up!

2 now. Both sat for over a month before I smoked them. I like the larger ring gauge on these compared to other SG's. Are they good smokes? Yes! Are they worth a premium? Only if you want to have a first year release.

I think these have the potential to be pretty good over time. Given that I only have had a couple, I'd say 6 months in the cooler minimum before smoking. And I'd guess 3 years would be the max shelf life.

Emo

I picked up two yesterday. From everything I have read on other BBs, they are better with age. Maybe I will post a review sometime around Halloween. :D

I just split a box with a BOTL. They are great smokes, but as the others have said, they aren't worth a premium price (got mine at retail) and do much better with some time on 'em. I've had two so far, and they are as you'd expect; very close to a cuban beli SG. Great draw, nice flavors....very nice smoke.

I put my half away and will revisit it in six-eight months or so.... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I just split a box with a BOTL. They are great smokes, but as the others have said, they aren't worth a premium price (got mine at retail) and do much better with some time on 'em. I've had two so far, and they are as you'd expect; very close to a cuban beli SG. Great draw, nice flavors....very nice smoke.

Cheers - B.B.S.
Did you get a decent grassy flavor from them? THere was something floral about these which I picked up.

Emo

:(

Picked two up yesterday and smoked one of them last night. I have had a few before and wsan't impressed, but I like to try things more than once if they seem to have the potential to be good.

Once again I was disappointed. The draw was tight and the smoke was just really dry. There aren't too many Fuentes I don't like, but I don't care to smoke the King B again. I'll hold out for some Anejos!

Just my $0.02. Your mileage may vary.

What is the retail on these? I paid about 8 bucks, which seemed fair.

I've seen them for $8.50 a stick which seems about right. I've had them and not impressed with them one bit. naturally i have 4 that is aging and will pull one out at X-mas time. I dont expect much out of it but who knows, it may surprise me. I still prefer the Cuban Beli over the King B any day of the week.

I got a box of these and smoked one of them so far. i really enjoyed it! I think they are good smokes for 8.50.

Brandon

You paid MSRP.

As far as the cigar goes I'm not really impressed. They don't burn well, they get soft, the taste is mediocre. Now that being said I just bought 3 more. They will sit in my humidor for about a year. I really feel Fuente missed the mark on this cigar, not the blend or the wrapper just the amount of time they were aged before they were presented to us Fuente whores. I hope in a year I will have 3 very fine smokes, if not OH WELL. This is tough for me cuz i REALLY like Fuentes. Hemi's DC's SG's Opus & Anejo's are among my fav's, for this cigar to fail in my eyes is crushing.

You paid MSRP.

As far as the cigar goes I'm not really impressed. They don't burn well, they get soft, the taste is mediocre. Now that being said I just bought 3 more. They will sit in my humidor for about a year. I really feel Fuente missed the mark on this cigar, not the blend or the wrapper just the amount of time they were aged before they were presented to us Fuente whores. I hope in a year I will have 3 very fine smokes, if not OH WELL. This is tough for me cuz i REALLY like Fuentes. Hemi's DC's SG's Opus & Anejo's are among my fav's, for this cigar to fail in my eyes is crushing.

Don't forget that Fuente also makes Curly Heads! Not a great cigar by any stretch of the imagination. They can't all be winners.

Did you get a decent grassy flavor from them? THere was something floral about these which I picked up.

Emo
Hmm....nothing "floral" but the ones I got a month or so ago did taste like they wanted some more down time; maybe a little "green" if that makes any sense. Out of the nine I just bought I put one in my desktop humi and the others in the cooler for a long nap. Figured I'd give the one in my desktop a month or so and see what it's got to offer.

I liked the ones I had earlier....sure smoked like there was great promise with them over a little time. The big ring sure makes for a nice draw....really smoked well.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I really like them. I've been thru a box or so and have had only two with burn issues. I think they'llbe superstars with some time.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I agree

DT

You paid MSRP.

I would like to rescend this opinion. Someone dropped me an inside tip on this cigar. It seems if this cigar is allowed to dry, to the tune of 2 days outside the humi with cedar on cello off. This cigar was a totally different cigar.
Everything I expect from a Fuente magically appeared. It burnt better to start with. Second was the flavor, it struck me that the flavor was like a cross between an Opus and a Hemingway. The cigar stayed solid and even bled like a Fuente, but hey nothing a little clip with the cutter wont fix. I'm not sure why this cigar is so wet and I really dont care. If every single stick is this good after sitting "out to dry", I'm OK with that.

Thanks for the info :thumbs: (you know who you are) :whistling:

You paid MSRP.

I would like to rescend this opinion. Someone dropped me an inside tip on this cigar. It seems if this cigar is allowed to dry, to the tune of 2 days outside the humi with cedar on cello off. This cigar was a totally different cigar.
Everything I expect from a Fuente magically appeared. It burnt better to start with. Second was the flavor, it struck me that the flavor was like a cross between an Opus and a Hemingway. The cigar stayed solid and even bled like a Fuente, but hey nothing a little clip with the cutter wont fix. I'm not sure why this cigar is so wet and I really dont care. If every single stick is this good after sitting "out to dry", I'm OK with that.

Thanks for the info :thumbs: (you know who you are) :whistling:

Well I will certainly keep that in mind...One of us at least should be in to pick up those King B's this weekend. :thumbs:

So, even if you keep your cigars at 67 to 68% you should leave them out for 48 hours? That seems like a really long time. I have been sitting on mine for a couple of weeks, hoping that it will dry out and smoke like all the other Fuentes. I will give this a try and see how it goes.

I've bought a couple since they came out but just put my first to smoke in the drybox yesterday since there are so many reports about them needing time. They sure do look purrty. :p