• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Delaware Casual Herf!

Ginseng

Banned
Proposed time: Thursday, June 22nd 5:00 PM
What do you guys think? I figure those who can make it early will camp out. We'll probably be there for 2-3 hours at least.

Hi guys,

Just checking to see if there'd be any interest in a casual smoke and drinks get together in the First State. I've made contact with a few Delawareans on other cigar boards and it looks like there might be between 6-8 guys in this area.

The target would be the Deer Park Tavern in Newark on the north end of the UD campus. They have a second floor outdoor deck that has chairs and can accommodate the bunch of us.

I can make any afternoon or evening aside from Friday-Sunday. So perhaps Wednesday or Thursday would work if it's good for you guys.

Please post your interest here. I think it'd be a great opportunity to meet our brothers from other boards and share our experiences with cigars and cigar communities.

Mr. Wolf, you're from Maryland but of course Marylanders are welcome as well as anyone else from the surrounding area. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Wilkey,
I am still planning to make it down that way eventually!
I will try to make it coincide with any herf schedule you make!

-Rob

Saturdays and Sundays are better for me, but I'll try my best to make it! But just to let you know ahead of time, I'm out of Moontrances.... :(

:sign:

Opening post updated to suggest a date and time:

Proposed time: Thursday, June 22nd 5:00 PM
What do you guys think? I figure those who can make it early will camp out. We'll probably be there for 2-3 hours at least.

Wilkey

While it isn't terribly far there is no way I can make 5PM on a thursday. Have a great time guys, I'll smoke one on this end.

While it isn't terribly far there is no way I can make 5PM on a thursday. Have a great time guys, I'll smoke one on this end.

AVB,

What time could you make it? I think we'd be there for several hours.

Wilkey

Alas I will be away then with my pops on a trip to Halifax...
Catch you all next time hopefully!

-Rob

As it stands now, I should be there between 5-5:30 :D

Guys,

I'm hearing back that 5PM might be too early for folks. How about 7:00 PM?

Mr. Wolf, I'll be on campus anyway so if you still want to make it up early, we can drop by the Deer Park for a light dinner. Burger or something. Let me know.

Wilkey

Damn! I am going to be in DC that day, too. I would normally drive up and herf with you guys, but I've got too many things going back home that day. Have to make it another time. Have fun, guys. :thumbs:

Damn! I am going to be in DC that day, too. I would normally drive up and herf with you guys, but I've got too many things going back home that day. Have to make it another time. Have fun, guys. :thumbs:

Thanks, Scot. I'll catch you in MD sometime this summer!

Wilkey

I live in Newark and would like to meet some BOTL from CP. This would be my first herf! I sometimes go there because they do have a patio section where I can smoke a cigar and have a beer.

Count me in!

The East End Cafe at the other end of Main also has a large patio so if there is any problem at the DP we could migrate up the street easily. Just in case - it's always nice to have a backup plan in a cigar unfriendly world!

I live in Newark and would like to meet some BOTL from CP. This would be my first herf! I sometimes go there because they do have a patio section where I can smoke a cigar and have a beer.

Count me in!

Roger that, vortex. Glad to have you onboard.

Wilkey

Count me in!

Roger that, vortex. Glad to have you onboard.

Wilkey
Thanks! Bring your muse, she looks like fun. :D
Any time is good for me so I'll keep an eye on this thread in case the time fluctuates. COO-UL!

So far, it looks like we have eight guys coming from three or four different cigar boards. Although attendance will be modest, the cross-board representation will be pretty good.

A few are meeting for burgers and beer at 6-ish and then we'll retire to the deck for smokes and stuff around 7:00.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Wilkey

You sure you can fit 8 guys in Delaware? You'll prolly have to stack the beer and coolers in Maryland.

NA

I had a great time at the 1st Delaware Casual Herf! It was fun to meet all the FOGs and I even brought a cigar that Wilkey enjoyed(AF Cuban Beli SG).

I got to try four cigars I had never had before including an AVO LE05(Thanx Wilky/Ginseng), an Ashton VSG(Thanx Dan/Mr Wolf), a Padron ANN '26(Thanx Chris), and an ISOM Monte?(pictured, Thanx Ronnie).

Except for the few trains that passed and high humidity, the Deer Park was a perfect venue for the herf. Ample room to remove ourselves from other non-smoking patrons and a friendly, tolerant staff serving reasonably-priced, decent quality fare.

Next herf I hope to see more guys from our local B&M(Cigar-ette City) as they are great BOTLs who have hosted many fine events at their store. It was fun to share a smoke with Allen and Tyrone out of their CigCity humi for a change. :thumbs:

It's just awesome sharing cigars with other cigar lovers! No one else understands our passion the way we do. :p

Let's do it again sometime!

Wow,

It was just a mellow time hanging out with you guys. What a delight. We had guys from three or four different home boards and a few on none but we had plenty of interests in common. Cigars, dogs, women, cigars, cars... :thumbs:

I counted three freight locomotives, numerous Harleys, and a bunch of Detroit muscle tearing it up on the road next to the smoking patio. As Vortex said it was crushingly humid but not too hot. A good night for iced tea, Yeungling and black n tans.

Here are some photos from the cigar table. :D

Here's yours truly in the pimpin' Havana-man hat, John (Heavysmoke from ClubStogie), and Eric (GTS21 from CigarWeekly/VCC) just enjoying the hell out of the night.
DECasualHerf01.jpg

Steve (Vortex from CigarPass) and Dan (Mr. Wolf from CigarPass) relaxing it up. In this photo Dan is about to light up the thinnest production cigar cigar ever made. It is a special edition Moontrance "Linguinita" which is 4" x 6 rg.
DECasualHerf04.jpg

Ronnie (Bonggoy from ClubStogie), Chris (RedBaron from ClubStogie), and Tyrone from Cigarette-City. Ronnie's an enthusiastic cigar fan originally from the Phillipines. He doesn't remember "Papayo" and that's a good thing. ;) Tyrone is one dirty, filthy dog. We got along fine. :D
DECasualHerf02.jpg

Here is Eric doing the dirty to a Wolters Bolivar Gold Medal. I can now say that my Davidoff cutter has been used to cut the cap off of a Gold Medal. *sigh* I should have asked for the cap so I could've chewed on it.
DECasualHerf06.jpg

Who says dreams don't come true at herfs? As Chris was waxing poetic about his hopes and dreams of trying a Fuente Between the Lines some day, Dan dug into his herfing cigar suitcase, pulled one out and handed it over to an incredulous young man. What a guy, Dan! And thanks for the very cool Family Guy shot glasses. :thumbs:
DECasualHerf03.jpg

Time just flew by and we wrapped up around 10:30 PM. I hope that we can do this again sometime. I had to scour a few boards to grab enough local guys for the herf, but in the end it was well worth it and fantastic to meet botls from across the cigar forum universe.

Wilkey