• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Authentication service needed!

xprinter

Hi everyone,
First I want to thank everyone that responded to my thread on the Cohiba box code.
The problem is that I'm still not sure if they are fake or not. :thumbs:

What I would like now is recommendations for a authority at this form who I would like to send a couple of the suspect Cohibas, along with a few others cubans I'd like checked to make shure one way or the other.

Again thanks alot for everybodys input with this matter.
Jim(xprinter)

Ginseng is our offical taste tester. See his post on the subject.

Yup.... Ginseng is who I would send them to if I was unsure

(How many guys are gonna say, "Send them to me").... LOL

I'd settle for some high quality pics of the box, bands & smokes.

~Mark

I sent Ginseng some questionables and he was able to tell me the authenticity just by looking at them.

Good guy to test out, and I think he sorta makes a hobby out of it :laugh:

Just be sure to explain the circumstances in which you acquired them and so forth, he'll want some background. Also, don't be in a hurry, he may want them to sit for a bit.

xprinter,

I'd be happty to take a look at some cigars for you. I can carry out the forensic analysis including smoking a sample. I'd like to see some decent resolution photographs of the seal and the box code. Contact me for guidelines on the features I'd be looking for.

As for definitive taste testing, I would strongly consider contacting member "lucasbuck." He is our resident Cohiba whore and has an exceptional palate, especially for Cohiba.

Wilkey

PS, I am on the road and will not be back home until Tuesday but I do have spotty internet access.

As for definitive taste testing, I would strongly consider contacting member "lucasbuck." He is our resident Cohiba whore and has an exceptional palate, especially for Cohiba.

The problem is that Craig usually tastes hints of sweat, along w/ the grassy notes found in Cohibas. The reasoning is b/c he smokes while jogging on the track :laugh:

Hi Jim and guys,

I've had these cigars here for a few days now and inspected them, comparing to authentic specimens wherever possible. I've also checked everything from construction, smell, wrapper appearance, characteristics of the tube the Sig came in and more. I also have box codes provided by xprinter. I've got pictures but before I put anything up, Jim should drop me a line. I could also use the two-letter prefix from the Warranty seals on the boxes these cigars came from to cross check against my list.

I haven't smoked any yet but may give it a spin tonight.

Wilkey

Hi everybody!!
OK now Ginseng and lucasbuck were very nice to step up and help me with this problem, I have sent them samples of every suspect cigar I have. With the cohibas I sent them 3, 2 from the box I got plus a tubo that I got in a 3pak. Box codes, and seal serial numbers and last but not least(sorry for the delay) pictures.

I've also done some more checking on my own and I now think that they are all FAKE, but I will wait till the experts let me know for sure.

When I get more info I will have another update!

Jim,

I've completed my initial analysis and I have smoked one of the cigars. I'll be posting in a new thread here shortly. Thanks for having the courage to step up and put all your cards on the table. A lesser man would have plugged his ears and insisted on believing what was least unsettling or humiliating.

What you've provided is a valuable learning opportunity for all of us and I thank you for that.

Wilkey