• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Cazadores review...by Professor Wilkey and the Scotch Drinking, Ci

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well, here is a little back story. I was approached by Wilkey about a box split and its the RyJ Cazadores. Supposed to be the strongest isom on the market. Naturally that peaked my interest fast so I placed the order after making sure this box split was going down. Hell, ok...I would have ordered them anyways after what Wilkey said to me. Ok..onto the review as I smoke it.

DSCN03510001.jpg

DSCN03540001.jpg

DSCN03550001.jpg

Its definitely one of the darkest isom's I have ever seen which I was shocked. I took some pictures of the packaging as well as I have never seen this approach. I clipped this cigar and it has a nice draw before being lit. The wrapper is unique that I cant pick up on anything that is eye catching. My lips do have a little burning sensation going on but nothing ower powering at all. But what can one expect from how many cigars I smoke in a day.

Bad boy is lit at 2:09pm and let the fun begin. Preburn went off perfectly and the first couple puffs I can tell already this cigar is gonna have a nice pile driving punch later on. Smells sooooooooooooo good right now. Just exhaled out of the nose and wow. kinda in your face but not over powering. It tells me it needs some more aging time but its real close right now. The smoke through the nose does this for me as you can exhale through it and not feel like someone is trying to rip your brain through the poor nostral. Does not taste you at all and maybe due to the nature of the cigar being more potent than most.

Wow...the ass is mainly whitish in natyre and not to dark right now at the first 1/2" smoked. The ash is really compact instead of the rough layers, its really fine layers coming out. The first impression I do get is that it has a taste of a leathery nature. There is a little undertone of spice coming out at the 2:19pm mark. Oh yeah...this is what I like to see. It seems that this was a transition the cigar took a nice detour at. The smoke has definitely taking a turn for the untamed whild beast from the ISOM. :D It first smells mild and then the nose starts to feel like its a little on fire from the smoke. I'm really impressed with this smoke so far.

Oh wow...I just got a puff at 2:23pm that reminded me of a Cafe Mocha for a brief moment. At 2:26pm I picked up a earthy/woody taste on this untamed beast.
DSCN03570001.jpg

The stick has burned fantastic so far. Really even and close to the 1/2 way mark. I've had to do 2 minor touch ups to this point. Just smelling the smoke as I pick up on this little strength this cigar has. Its not like a ass kicking cigar to me but for someone else, watch out. I just love how this cigar smoke smells as it rafts toward my nose for a 2nd and 3rd round of pleasure. All I am thinking is where in the hell has this cigar been my whole life. I just love this stick eventho its a strange length and ring gauge for a cigar. Just put on the album from my favorite techno/dance Russian band so I can put my mind in a meditative state as I enjoy all the pleasures of life at this brief moment of time.

This cigar is definitely would go well with coffee in the morning for a real kick start off for the day. Plus, I am smoking this on a empty stomach so I will hopefully judge this on a correct scale of strength. Just had another minor touch up at 2:38pm and the smoke is more in your face now. None of this little subtleties that it had at first. Just had its first major touch up at the 2:43pm mark. I will say this, this cigar will definitely stimulate your system if you get my drift.

I'm on the last 2" of this smoke at 2:49pm and looking forward to seeing how this stick turns out. Its just starting to take me for a ride with me being hungry but I will tough it out as this is the only true way for me to judge the strength of any cigar. I wouldnt recommend this to anyone else to try with this stick. :whistling:

Decided it was best to order some food since its just starting to get hot outside and I am feeling good right now. At this point in time aka 2:56pm, the cigar is really becoming more in your face. A raw cuban taste coming out and the smoke still isnt hot yet. Its been smoking pretty cool so far to this point and plenty of smoke coming off each puff. The draw has been perfect this whole time as well. Mind you, its not kicking my ass but it has the potential there to do it for me. :)

At the last 1/2" I am still smoking it and its now 3:11pm. Its just starting to turn south for me but still smoking it. The lips are just starting to get hot from each puff. So I dont see me smoking it much longer. The smoke is still relatively cool in the mouth but the inside gums and skin is just starting to get a little nicotine buzz. Last puff had some kick at 3:15pm and its the end.

DSCN03590001.jpg

Helleva review Loren.

Some of Wilkey's reviews are rubbing off on you :D

Keep them coming.

Brian

Well done, Loren!

Sounds like a hell of an experience! I guess you enjoyed it a bit, did you? :p For this cigar to have made the impression it did proves to me that it is worthy of every bit of its reputation. So I reckon this might find its way into your rotation? :)

Looking forward to dusting off a few when my portion touches down. :thumbs: BTW, the cazadores and dalias are two fantastic vitolas in Havana cigars. There are some real gems in this "strange" size.

Wilkey

Great review Loren!! :thumbs: Defintely sound like your kind of smoke.

Nick

damn that thing has got some hardcore veins, but even with that it still looks good, glad you enjoyed it.

Wow...the ass is mainly whitish in natyre and not to dark right now...

Wow indeed! Can I have some of what you're smoking! Please? :rolleyes:

:whistling:

:p

:laugh:

On a serious note, excellent write up! :thumbs:

damn that thing has got some hardcore veins, but even with that it still looks good, glad you enjoyed it.

This ain't no pretty boy smoke. It's all about horsepower...with class. :D

Wilkey

yea it sure looks like it. damn i wish i could get smokes like these if i wanted to, you know? it's not like i'll buy them every time but if i do feel like one, i'll know who/where to get one with little to no problems :(

Now all I have to do is wait for Wilkey to get his and see how the 2 reviews stack up. Ordinary man versus the Cigar robot. :whistling:

Thanks for the review Loren, sounded like an awesome smoke.

Nice review. I seem to overlook these when I purchase something new even though I seem to hear great things about them. If Wilkey's review is as positive as yours I may have to give them a shot.

Peaty: nice review, thank you for sharing... if you keep smoking at this pace, your 3000 CT humi will never be full :laugh: keep going brudduh! :)

Deja Vue, I just finished smoking one and BAAAMMMMM!!!!!, this thread showed up. Very good review. I agree. It is not a pretty stick but, the earthy, pungent aroma gives the feeling of the old style cuban smoke. :thumbs:

Good review Wilkey. Glad I wasnt imagining all that when I smoked it. Cuz I was worried. I'm tempted to have a 2nd one tonight from the stash. :D