• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vertical Moontrance tasting

moki

el Presidente
A vertical Moontrance tasting... now that's a review I'd be dying to read! If some brave soul smoked one of each vitola from the Moontrance line, and then reported back to us the subtle nuances of each shape... I'd pull the laptop up to the fireplace and nestle in for a night of edification.

Does anybody else in here feel the way I do? Is there a someone who can fulfill our wildest dreams with this mother of all vertical tastings?

A vertical Moontrance tasting... now that's a review I'd be dying to read! If some brave soul smoked one of each vitola from the Moontrance line, and then reported back to us the subtle nuances of each shape... I'd pull the laptop up to the fireplace and nestle in for a night of edification.

Does anybody else in here feel the way I do? Is there a someone who can fulfill our wildest dreams with this mother of all vertical tastings?

ROFLMAO...Wilkey sent me one and I cant believe i will actually smoke it so I guess I will get this painful process over with and truly know why these cigars suck donkey balls on a hote skillet in the middle of July.

ROFLMAO...Wilkey sent me one and I cant believe i will actually smoke it so I guess I will get this painful process over with and truly know why these cigars suck donkey balls on a hote skillet in the middle of July.

You never know... you might like it...

Don't worry, we have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy here at CP. You can keep your frilly ballerina outfit safely in the closet.

What's it worth to you Andrew? I would be willing to do it but you would have to do it with me! I will have Opusxkc take pictures and document the whole ordeal but you have to mirror the tasting. I will even provide the cigars! What do you think? You man enough to stop giving Ginsing shit and stand up to the challenge of smoking nasty flavored cigars!

You know, today I almost sparked up one of the Moontrance Robustos you sent me. At the last moment I decided to go with a VSG Illusion. Man, what a good decision that was. This frontmark has just taken over from the Tres Mystique as my favorite of the VSG line.

BTW, by analogy with wine tasting, a vertical would be the same frontmark but produced in different years. Or months as would be the case with Moonies. Get your snob terms straight, buddy. :rolleyes: I don't foresee doing a Moontrance horizontal tasting any time soon. :p

I won't totally bust your wet dream though. There is a good chance that I might sneak in a three-fer tasting of the White Owl Flavors. Just gotta go pick up a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. :thumbs:

Wilkey

PS. Yes, that's right, I always keep a bunch of Moonies on hand. Can't seem to find those fine Belis though. :angry:

PPS. Peat, when you go to smoke your Moonie, dip the cap in a little bourbon or something. The sugar water dip they use is sort of lame. A touch of good liquor, though, sets that straight quite nicely. :thumbs:

You know, today I almost sparked up one of the Moontrance Robustos you sent me. At the last moment I decided to go with a VSG Illusion. Man, what a good decision that was. This frontmark has just taken over from the Tres Mystique as my favorite of the VSG line.

BTW, by analogy with wine tasting, a vertical would be the same frontmark but produced in different years. Or months as would be the case with Moonies. Get your snob terms straight, buddy. :rolleyes: I don't foresee doing a Moontrance horizontal tasting any time soon. :p

I won't totally bust your wet dream though. There is a good chance that I might sneak in a three-fer tasting of the White Owl Flavors. Just gotta go pick up a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. :thumbs:

Wilkey

PS. Yes, that's right, I always keep a bunch of Moonies on hand. Can't seem to find those fine Belis though. :angry:

PPS. Peat, when you go to smoke your Moonie, dip the cap in a little bourbon or something. The sugar water dip they use is sort of lame. A touch of good liquor, though, sets that straight quite nicely. :thumbs:

Too late...I am already smoking it. I am asking myself Oh dear God...WHY? Oh why is this foul cigar that I am smoking exist. Why dear God WHY!!!! Its like a pina colada cigar. Oh dear god I am thankful I have other cigars to drown my pain in after this is over with.

DSCN03680001.jpg

And here ya go. Its the worst smoke I have ever had the displeasure of having.

Far as I could take it.
DSCN03690001.jpg

Far as I could take it.
That's not what Opusxkc said!
Come on Moki, I see ya looking. You got the'balls?

Too late...I am already smoking it. I am asking myself Oh dear God...WHY? Oh why is this foul cigar that I am smoking exist. Why dear God WHY!!!! Its like a pina colada cigar. Oh dear god I am thankful I have other cigars to drown my pain in after this is over with.

How dare you insult the love of Wilkey's life! Heathen!

How dare you insult the love of Wilkey's life! Heathen!

At least I know from personal experience why Moontrance blows. I can actually describe the painful process as it will haunt me for the rest of my days. :(
But at least I had the balls to try it.

Dude, that mugshot is priceless!

But seriously, I thought you had taste. :rolleyes:

:sign: :laugh:

I'll still smoke 'em. :thumbs:

Dude, that mugshot is priceless!

But seriously, I thought you had taste. :rolleyes:

:sign: :laugh:

I'll still smoke 'em. :thumbs:

Now I understand why I like premiums so much more. And that itself, is priceless. :D

Andrew already has a crap load of dog rockets to test. We're still waiting on those reviews first.

Way to step up Loren! You sure didn't waste any time firing that bad boy up! :0

It also apears you have cleaned up the beard a little since the last time I talked to you...he was starting to look like the unibomber! ???

The question I have is what are you going to wash that taste out of your mouth with?

Brandon

Andrew already has a crap load of dog rockets to test. We're still waiting on those reviews first.

Keep waiting... they went to the big dog house in the sky months ago... :)

Way to step up Loren! You sure didn't waste any time firing that bad boy up! :0

It also apears you have cleaned up the beard a little since the last time I talked to you...he was starting to look like the unibomber! ???

The question I have is what are you going to wash that taste out of your mouth with?

Brandon

I had some Plum Mead and then a SLR A from 2003 which helped a lot. Especially at the end of the cigar. Getting ready to fire up another stick.

Well, if your laptop is a Dell you won't need to pull it up to the fireplace to nestle close to a fire ...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cool:

Challenge Accepted!!

100_0109.jpg

This is taking one for the team. Review to follow.