• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vertical Moontrance Review

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
CAO Moontrance Vertical Tasting

100_0109-1.jpg

Well, I have taken to task with smoking one of every CAO Moontrance. For those of you unfamiliar with these, they are a “premium cigar” from CAO that is flavored with vanilla. After an open request from Moki (Link), I have been inspired to find out the answer to the greatest cigar question “Which Moontrance is the ‘best’”! :laugh:

100_0110.jpg

Smokyballs questioning my motives

Now do remember, I am not a fan of flavored cigars. With this in mind, all scents and flavors noted in this review are genuine. Some may be funny, but I assure you it is my true opinion. WARRNING: Do not drink liquid while reading this review as it may end up on your keyboard due to evacuation via nose.

Stick #1 (Tubo)
100_0112.jpg
100_0115.jpg
100_0116.jpg
100_0117.jpg

100_0113.jpg

Me questioning my motives

This cigar presented in a slick modern thin aluminum tube that screams trendy. Only problem is it isn’t fooling me, I know what is inside. The aroma from the open tube is pungent and almost fluid. I am hoping the tube concentrates this taste and aroma, because if the others are this strong I am in for a trip. When they say sweet tip, they are not kidding. The taste is like placing a hard candy in my mouth. If I could get past the sugar tip, I might be able to give you an idea of a taste. To be honest, I have no idea what the hell is going on. When taken through the nose I am reminded of the scent of the inside of a camera film container. This cigar burns very hot from it’s small size, and burns the nose when the smoke is exhaled. Even with a general medicinal flavor this cigar is not all artificial. A small note of a doughy cookie like tobacco taste has shown up and is now my focus. I pray it continues. This one is dead, on to the Petite Corona

Stick #2 –Petite Corona
100_0118.jpg
100_0119.jpg
100_0120.jpg

Now this stick is presented in a manner that actually says “Hi I am a real cigar”. How true that appearance is has yet to be determined. It seams that my tube theory is panning out, as this stick does not have such an over abundance of “taint” after unwrapping. At this point I have now taken to drinking Absolute Vodka along with my sticks. There are two reasons for this move. Firstly I am hoping that as Wilkey stated, the alcohol will help to remove the “sweet tip”. Secondly, I am hoping that I will black out before I have to finish this self smoking mutilation. After a quick bath, the tip seems to be quite a bit more normal, and I am slightly relieved. The first puffs this time yield a mounds coconut and starchy potato chip flavor. This time at least it isn’t like I have been tea bagged by a Gi Joe, perhaps Cobra Commander. A powdery aroma, similar to that of a freshly unwrapped tampon wafts into my nose. These aromas and flavors are consistent throughout the smooth burn. Coming to the finish one can taste a tobacco hint. Unfortunately it is the taste of a tannic cigar nubbin. I am feeling a little weird, but time to move on. Corona here I come.

Stick #3 – Corona
100_0121.jpg
100_0124.jpg
100_0125.jpg
100_0127.jpg

100_0123.jpg

Oh, god why?

Believe it or not, just as I am about to light up this stick the local CAO rep walks in. After informing him of what I am up to (but not the content there of) I am graced with a free Moontrance cutter. WOOOHOOO……..not really. Back to smoking. So, I have given this stick the vodka bath, and again BAM, no more sugar tip. Also the “flavor” from the scent and dry draw seems to be a little less. Oh please, let this be more of a tobacco smoke than a burning candy stick. Well, it looks like this cigar isn’t sure what it wants to be. In the beginning it is trying to have a tobacco hint. One can pick out what resembles a Cameroon wrapper and subtle earthen tones. Let us see what some burn time will do. Ah, somewhat of a balance has been achieved. A fresh vanilla bean flavor has come out from the tobacco as well as the “flavor”. The memories of a Charleston Chew come back to me. A cacao bitter finishes this smoke. Here comes the Robustotussin.

Stick #4 – Robusto
100_0128.jpg
100_0129.jpg
100_0130.jpg

100_0126.jpg

Yum some food. To bad I can't taste it.

Ok, a fourth Moontrace at this point seems hard to do. Right now my mouth tastes like Strawberry Shortcake’s friend Blueberry Muffin has bricked in my mouth. I have decided a quick snack of sticky bun will help me to keep away “The Itis”. A cut, bath and dry draw produces something I haven’t experienced yet in this line. Smoother sweet air that isn’t overpowering with the flavor of Tinker Bell’s tit, seems to be working out. The familiar taste of blended tobacco smoke hits my mouth. Is it possible? A generous leathery and earthen smoke intermingled with sugared vanilla is present. The taste is sticky with a caramel tone. Bitter candy funk finishes off this one. Damn the Torpedos full speed ahead!

Stick#5 – Torpedo
100_0131.jpg
100_0135.jpg
100_0136.jpg

100_0132.jpg

Huuuu....wha.....who are you

At this point I just have to finish if it kills me. My sense of taste and sensibility has obviously left me. Alright let’s do this. With the tip washed off, it seems to be just like the others, sweet like gum drops. It would seem my “larger cigar, less flavoring” theory is shot. This stick doesn’t have the scent, but it has the taste. Papery tobacco like essences fight their way out and are barely noticeable. I get the distinct impression that I now know what a Cabbage Patch doll’s cootch tastes like. A slightly sour taste makes me kill this one

--Recap—
100_0134.jpg

....like crack......got the shakes

So why did I do this? Got bored and thought it would be interesting. Hope you guys learned a thing or two. I learned that is you like a cigar the is infused with the juice from a douched out Smurf, then the Moontrace is for you. So which one is the “best”? If I had to pick I would go with the Corona. It seemed to have the best balance and least invasive flavoring of the line. There, question answered, I am going to go shower out my mouth for a week.

One man must suffer so others can learn.

Smokem’ if you gotem’ (unless they are Moontrances)

-Tony :thumbs:

This is your best one yet Tony.
Had a fun time watching you do this to yourself!

Oh the horror! :laugh:

Hopefully you don't start jonesing for these Tony!

:sign:

Thanks for the review...

I think.

God speed on your recovery!

-Rob

100_0113.jpg

Me questioning my motives

bwahahaha... I had no idea anyone would be foolish enough to take up the gauntlet I threw down like a wet dish rag.

That picture tells it all. Prayers sent. :)

Absolutely hilarious review and pictures... I laughed hard enough to wake up the wife! :)

Wow, you're a sick man! I think I'd have nightmares for weeks after smoking those all in one sitting. :laugh:

O M G !

You sir have balls of brass! :thumbs:

however...

A powdery aroma, similar to that of a freshly unwrapped tampon wafts into my nose

??? ??? ??? I don't think I want to know... :sign:

Great review Tony! I laughed hard!

He still did it after I told him how bad the Moontrance i had was. It was like a sugary pina colada that just didnt want to go away. Guess he will listen to me better when I say a cigar sucks. :laugh:

Expect a forceful rebuke from Wilkey on the morrow!

You my friend are a sick bastard, I do have to admit that I did take a puff off one of those that you were smoking and after I got passed the hideious flavor it wasn't a bad cigar! Thank you for cherring me up yesterday! Sorry you had to do that to your mouth for my entertainment!

:laugh: :laugh: "infused with the juice from a douched out Smurf"
That is some real funny stuff :laugh: :laugh:

Wilkey is the only guy not finding this funny.

Oh...
My...
god!

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. :thumbs:

Even I know well enough not to smoke more than one in a week. :rolleyes:

Well done, my brutha!

Wilkey

So Andrew, monkey's off my back, eh? :whistling:

So sad to see a perfectly good palate killed in such a manner ....... but funny as all hell. :laugh:

:cool:

Thank you for cherring me up yesterday! Sorry you had to do that to your mouth for my entertainment!

Thats just so wrong on so many levels. :p

I do have to say the Moontrance I had...if it wasnt for the flavored part, there is a slim chance it would be a nice mild smoke. But damn if I wanted a pina colada, I'd make one...not smoke it. :laugh:

I do have to say the Moontrance I had...if it wasnt for the flavored part, there is a slim chance it would be a nice mild smoke. But damn if I wanted a pina colada, I'd make one...not smoke it. :laugh:

Alrighty, Loren's on board the Moontrain. :thumbs:

Wilkey

After reading the review I’m astounded and appalled.
Tony, I can’t believe you smoked all five of these things (I won’t call them cigars).
The sacrifice you made for this review is mind boggling. Shudder…

and Smokyballs, tisk, tisk.
You knowingly sold these to a fine BOTL.
Lord, what some guys won’t do for a buck… :p

Nice review!! :D

Anybody up for reviewing the Acid line next? :sign: