• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sale gone bad...

jeht2000

bodybuilder for life
Check this out..The end of last month i made a deal with one of our fellow CP ers. I sold him a box of 100 anos robusto for $200 and even threw in an anejo since he was late getting in on the deal i had for it. GAVE IT AWAY!! Well, since i'm new (tisk,tisk) i sent my end 1st thing in the morning. He received the pack on the 28th. ALL I'VE HEARD SINCE, IS PROMISES! The last email he sent he said he would mail the mo out on monday. i sent an email yesterday asking if he mailed.guess what...no response. And this morning he was on i sent him an im and he ignored me!!!!!!!!! If u can pay ur regular bills, if u can log on to cp..u can pay me.

I'm wrong for not doing more research on the guy but, damn. I just figured out how to look up peoples past post and he has had this problem in the past.So, should i throw the name out or what?

Out him... the old dudes will take care of the rest.

If he has had this problem before, this is three weeks, non-responsive, and broken promises....out him!

Check this out..The end of last month i made a deal with one of our fellow CP ers. I sold him a box of 100 anos robusto for $200 and even threw in an anejo since he was late getting in on the deal i had for it. GAVE IT AWAY!! Well, since i'm new (tisk,tisk) i sent my end 1st thing in the morning. He received the pack on the 28th. ALL I'VE HEARD SINCE, IS PROMISES! The last email he sent he said he would mail the mo out on monday. i sent an email yesterday asking if he mailed.guess what...no response. And this morning he was on i sent him an im and he ignored me!!!!!!!!! If u can pay ur regular bills, if u can log on to cp..u can pay me.

I'm wrong for not doing more research on the guy but, damn. I just figured out how to look up peoples past post and he has had this problem in the past.So, should i throw the name out or what?

rick3985

rick3985@bellsouth.net

A quick 'google' shows' him on a few other sites. Of course if he uses the same handle...I havn't looked much further.

I hope it works out for him. I'm sure those on other boards may reference this link should he not follow up.

Best of luck!

UPDATE: looks like someone else had some issues

Here's more info on it and him------> Linky

rick3985

rick3985@bellsouth.net

Doesn't surprise me - He has had trouble paying his cigar bills on time in the past. If you do a search, you will see that he was outed a month or two ago for the same problem.

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY FOR STICKS, THEN DON'T BUY THEM. :sign:

Look familiar?

AND UNDERSTANDING SOMETIMES THINGS DON'T GO RIGHT. BUT IF YOU GIVE SOMEONE A HEADS-UP THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG, THEY WILL MAKE IT RIGHT.

--snip---

BTW, my name is Rickey with an E. So you can get it right on your "list"

I see the "Cigar God" taking an interest in you Rick-ey!

Jeht, I'm sorry for you, man. Most of us would sooner saw off an appendage than welch on a deal.

I hope things get worked out for you. That was a damn good price on that box of gars too.

For the other newer members reading this. We only expect you send out sticks in good faith to members in good standing that are established at cp. You don’t and shouldn’t have to send sticks out first to other new members.

I hope this works out for you. Trust me, he'll get his feet held to the fire.... :whistling:

But, as has been pointed out, he's had trouble in the past. Anyone, new guy or long time member, has the responsibility to do a search for the guy you are about to trade with (on either end) and see (1) how many transactions has the guy done, and (2) what the comments were concerning the trades.

I did a box split some time back and the long and short of it was that the last part of the split ended up being almost four months late. Had I done a search, I'd have found the guy leading the split did something similar before. Whoops.... It ended up well, but it took a ton of badgering and borderline threats to get it done.

Learn from my (and your) mistakes....and, good luck.

Regards - B.B.S.

Out him... the old dudes will take care of the rest.

Old dudes?

oldguys.jpg

There were warnings about him previously. linky

Please keep us all informed of bad traders to make the community safer. And as someone said, i rather chew off an appendage than cheat another brother.

Rick3985:

Last Active Today, 08:11 AM

Meet The Fokker.

Very bad when a new guy sends his end first to show goodwill and has
to out someone. In the same token and in hindsight - if you had checked
his profile you would have noted no transactions recorded. That's
the time to email a fog for advice.

Not to worry - the CP BOTL will ride this one with you until the lynching :D

Brian

I PM'd Rick and he just replied a few minutes ago. He said the payment went out yesterday. If you do not recieve the payment in the next 7 days, Rick's reputation will be tarnished on every cigar forum on the internet and he will be banned from CP. Please keep me posted on whether or not you receive the payment.

Thank you,
Rod

Spare the Rod, spoil the child - there will be no spoiled children here! ;P