• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 yo Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 750 ml, no packaging, 107 proof, about $40-45

PVWFR%2015.JPG

Ddepaola brought along a bottle of this to the BBQ herf and when it was found sitting on the table unopened at 7 this morning he gave it to me to replace the seriously depleted bottle I own. (older pic in case you were wondering)

After returning from the BBQ herf and trying to catch up on the normal household things that need to be done every weekend, the wife fixed up an oven stuffer roaster with seasoned taters and a cucumber salad. A little TV to relax and a few fingers of this in the glass and I was ready..........to relax some more :p

Like almost all Van Winkle products this is a big whiskey. it noses big, tastes big and finishes big.. The nose is leather and chocolate and oak. Tasting brings out everything in the nose along with raisens ant walnuts balanced together. The finish is long, well balanced and fairly spicey. Much smoother then the 107 proof would suggest.

This is good stuff and while a bit expensive it is worthwhile. Good enough to serve to any bourbon fan it is still cheap enough to have on a regular basis. Buy some, it's worth it :thumbs:

I saw this stuff sitting around this weekend, but never got around to trying it out. I'll have to look into getting a bottle.

Yeah, I can't believe it sat out all night without someone cracking it open.