• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maduro or Natural?

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
If you had a choice between a maduro and a natural cigar, which would you choose? And if you are trying a cigar for the first time, do you grab the maduro for the virgin experience or try the natural line?

I have always prefered naturals then that SOB samclemmons sends me some maduro Hemingways and now I'm confused :sign:

Doc.

Hmm, I have heard that Padron 64's and 26's are much better then the naturals. Does it depend on the brand or line? Or is it all personal preferance.

In general I like maduros but that doesn't mean there aren't some great naturals out there.

Definitely depends on the cigar. However, I go with Maduro in most cases based on my tastes.

In general, I seem to get more depth of taste and flavors from a maduro. Naturals seem, maybe 'brighter' and more distinct in flavor, but have less variety. Maduros seem to have more dimensions of flavor. IMO anyway. Love the sungrowns though.

I tell myself that I prefer maduro...but then I look into my humi and see a sea of Tatuaje and Opus X and Cubans and very few maduro cigars. Maybe I like natural better (sun grown, rosado etc).

-Fetter

It depends, but usually Maduro. That's why I'm generally happier with an Anejo than an Opus...

I totally agree Sam Clemmons is a Bastid. Especially since he never sent me any cigars! LOL

I tell myself that I prefer maduro...but then I look into my humi and see a sea of Tatuaje and Opus X and Cubans and very few maduro cigars. Maybe I like natural better (sun grown, rosado etc).

-Fetter

I am in the same boat as Fetter on this one. Except the most I have of any one kind are Anejos, but they aren't your typical Maduros. ;)

Judging by the answers here, arguably more maduro's are sold and
therefore produced???

Definitely depends on the cigar. I smoke a fair amount of Padron
and Hemingway maddy's, top of the pile when it comes to maddy's
IMO.

Brian

In general I prefer maduro. I think it gives a less raw taste than the naturals do for the most part. I enjoy the depth of flavor that the maduro provides. I do love sungrowns though.

-Fetter
Are sun grown wrappers considered naturals? I've had one Opus and loved it, are there any other cigars with rosado wrappers?

I've found the taste experience of a maduro to be more to my liking than a natural wrapper. Having said that, I have more natural shades than maduro in my humidors. So I guess I like more variation of selection than one or the other :laugh:

Darren

:) This is very subjective. I am in a sun grown phase right now. I love PAM's, Anejo's but I do also love the Hemingway series, Padron regular natural. I switch back and forth alot. I am a mood smoker. I smoke what moves me at the moment. :D :laugh: :p
DarrenR

It's nice to see another Darren around. :p