• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WTH should I do with it?

Michal

Turquoise Hexagon Sun
2 days ago I received mu order, there was also 2 La Flor de Canos, but with green stains!
shop owner do not answers phones, do not answers emails. I also talked with guy who had problems with this seller - problem was not solved. He had the same "no answering" problems.

Ok, short question.
Is it possible to save them, or should I just throw them to garbage?

saas1hr3.jpg

:whistling:

What does the green indicate? I did a search and couldn't find anything...what exactly is the green? I just got a batch that has a milder version of that I just figured it was very fresh....should I be concerned?

What does the green indicate? I did a search and couldn't find anything...what exactly is the green? I just got a batch that has a milder version of that I just figured it was very fresh....should I be concerned?
I think those green stains are mold, I dont think it might be wrappers freshnes.

Here is a big photo versions so You can look closelly.

p i c 1
p i c 2
p i c 3

I suspect that the green is tobacco which hasn't been cured properly but beyond that they look like some really poorly made fakes to me.

I agree with AVB, that looks like an inferior wrapper rather than mold. Mold usually has a third dimension (pops out like a fuzzy abnormal growth).

I can also suggest getting a magnifying glass and take a closer inspection under better lighting.

Most of the time the green stains are from where water was resting on the leaf while on the vine ("water spots"). No problem.

Those, however, look like they may have gotten wet after being rolled and then moldy and cleaned. The fact there were problems with the seller, the green spots AND the fact that the wrapper looks like it was previously wet (wrinkly/dark & light bands at head and foot).

But that's just my OPINION, you get what you pay for :)

~Mark

They are badly rolled sticks and although your pic is not clear,
IMHO, they are fake! So, you have a double whammy - fake and as Mark
says, probably exposed to water after rolling.

Brian

La Flor de Cano are not the prettiest sticks. In fact, I lump them in a class with Jose L. Piedra as far as cosmetics. The puckering due to heavy veins in the wrapper and the wrinkling at the head is nothing unusual for a cigar of this type and especially the LFdC sticks, especially their Predilectos Tubos. Ugly sticks they are.

Still, it does look like these sticks might have sustained some post-manufacture damage. As Mark noted, the weirdness at the foot.

These are cheap cigars. Try to smoke them soon. If they suck, then toss them.

Wilkey

La Flor de Cano are not the prettiest sticks. In fact, I lump them in a class with Jose L. Piedra as far as cosmetics. The puckering due to heavy veins in the wrapper and the wrinkling at the head is nothing unusual for a cigar of this type and especially the LFdC sticks, especially their Predilectos Tubos. Ugly sticks they are.

Still, it does look like these sticks might have sustained some post-manufacture damage. As Mark noted, the weirdness at the foot.

These are cheap cigars. Try to smoke them soon. If they suck, then toss them.

Wilkey

Michal,

Like has been said before, at best they are damaged real cigars and at worst, really poorly made fakes. You should try and smoke one anyways, but have a decent back up smoke to clean your mouth out (or bigos, clean your mouth and insides out). Just looking at the pictures, I would not expect a pleasant smoke out of these - but maybe you'll be surprised.

La Flor de Cano are not the prettiest sticks. In fact, I lump them in a class with Jose L. Piedra as far as cosmetics.

I agree. Cosmetically, they aren't much better than the local cigars the Cubans smoke, I would even venture to guess some come out of the same factory.

I would light one up to see how they smoke before I tossed them.

As many have said, these are usually pretty ugly sticks, but unless the pic didn't capture the details, I don't see triple caps on the sticks.

I say fire one up (like Wilkey suggested). The FDCs have a distinctive flavor - very floral.

I also agree that they can some of the ugliest sticks ever.

Let us know how it goes.

~Mark

Linkage

Tobacco grown during the El Niño years is easy to spot. Some is subtly marred, with a few green spots on the wrapper known as frog eyes. These spots usually aren't detectable in the fields, but the eyes blossom in the curing barn as the moisture is drawn from the tobacco. Much of the damage, however, is less subtle. Some Ecuadoran wrappers ended up looking as mottled as a leper's skin, green and brittle. Due to shortages of tobacco, some manufacturers were forced to use these wrappers on their cigars.

Linkage

Q: I sometimes get cigars with dark green spots on them, or smaller pinhead tan spots. Does this mean the cigar is spoiled?

Chris Triantos
Toronto, Ontario

A: Absolutely not. The stains can sometimes be from water spots that occurred while the plant was near maturity. But some strains of tobacco also naturally produce those spots. If a spot is bluish, or looks damp, then it's possible that it was caused by mold. But that means you've been improperly storing your cigars.

As many have said, these are usually pretty ugly sticks, but unless the pic didn't capture the details, I don't see triple caps on the sticks.
Sam,

Unless I miss my guess, these are either the Preferidos or Predilectos, the two remaining mecanizado vitolas. There are no triple caps on these puppies.

Here is a more detailed shot of a Predilectos Tubos mecanizado. You can see that the head resembles other mecanizado cigars such as the various H. Upmann or Partagás inexpensive tubos.
LaFlordeCano01.jpg

Wilkey

Thanks for advices.

I think that most probable is, that they get wet, because on one side of the band (side on which ciagar lies) is stilded. Looks like they get wet, some glue sinked into the band, and when they get dry the band get stilded.

After all, I'll separate them from my healthy sticks and try to smoke soon and let you all know.

Thanks once again.

What is "stilded?"

Wilkey
oups! keyboard mistake - I meant stilted (my dictionary also says: stiff, standoffish, rigid and starchy)

But I think I also can say, that it was hard.

:)

I'm pretty sure that the sticks are the preferidos. The Cano's are very rough loking cigar since they are all M/M now and I don't think any are hand finished at all. At worst, the spots will make an uneven burn, but it's a m/m, so it's not going to have a nice even burn anyways. They are decent cigars, not as good as the tubos, but are decent for the price.