• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok all you wine-o-dor experts...

rectifythis

CP; may cause dependency
I have noticed that even on alot of the thermo elec wine coolers that they have the 'auto defrost' function....anyone have any info about this?

Also, do you need the regulator box with a thermo electric? My house is hot in the summer and I am thinking about it. Thanks.

I have noticed that even on alot of the thermo elec wine coolers that they have the 'auto defrost' function....anyone have any info about this?

Also, do you need the regulator box with a thermo electric? My house is hot in the summer and I am thinking about it. Thanks.

You don't want that, I'm pretty sure that's basically a dehumidifier.

I'd avoid it if possible, HOWEVER, on my unit it is simply a small hole that directs the run-off from the cooling plate to a plate on top of the condenser that gets hot and evaporates the water. They call it an auto-defrost, but it really does nothing more than that. I just plugged up the hole and have beads in the trough to soak up the extra moisture.

Bottom line, check the specifics of the model you're looking at.

I'm not too up on electrical/mechanical literature, but I would go about it the uneducated way, put a bunch of empty cedar boxes inside, along with a hygrometer and run the wine-o-dor to see the RH, then run the auto-defrost and watch the changes in RH. adjust accordingly.

I just plugged up the hole and have beads in the trough to soak up the extra moisture.

Brilliant!
guiness.JPG