• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An Cnoc 12 yo Highland Malt

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
AnCnoc (say a-nock)12 yo Highland Single Malt whisky. Tube packaging, tall bottle, 700ml, 80 proof, about $63 imported from the UK, not available in the US.

anCnoc%2012.JPG

Another bottle on my list was filled by my lovely wife this Christmas, one of many I should add. After the typical dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, green beans and all the other fixin's I needed something to settle everything in and An Cnoc was my choice tonight

An Cnoc is another distillery built in the 1890's but this one was not planned as such. John Morrison (of Morrison-Bowmore fame) bought the Knock estate in 1892 from the Duke of Fife and discovered later some nice water burns on the hillside. He was so impressed the water that he had it examined by a specialized laboratory. A month later, the negotiations necessary to build a distillery were finished, and Knockdhu was born. Mostly made to be put into Haig's blends the distillery was closed in 1983 and then sold to Inver House in 1988 (?) to be used in their blends (MacArthur's, Inverhouse, Glen Talloch, Heater Cream and the always popular Hankey Bannister among others). The name was changed from Knockdhu to An Cnoc in 1994 to avoid confusion with the more famous Knockando brand.

An Cnoc is a straw yellow in the bottle and glass and noses pretty much like a typical Speyside with vanilla and grains with a touch of baked apple. Tasting brings out a nice malt flavor with a touch of bitterness that reminds me of a good ale. After a slight licorice taste the finish again leans toward an ale like ending.

While no better or worse then other malts in its price range it does present an interesting flavor profile that I've not run across in other drams. If you're in the UK and need to pick up something for yourself or a buddy you won't go wrong with An Cnoc.

This certainly didn't get any play last week. Maybe now that things are slowing down a bit.

I read this one with interest as I was recommended this from a fellow on one of the whisky forums. Royal Mile Whiskies has it and I was thinking of placing an order with them, have you ever used them?

FYI: Royal Mile, along with most places, can not guarantee delivery. Customs folks live well smoking or cigars and drinking our whisky. ;)

This is available in AZ now so I thought your review was worth a bump. I'm not sure when I will get around to opening the bottle but I will add notes, eventually.

We'll be waiting for your thoughts.

This is available in AZ now so I thought your review was worth a bump. I'm not sure when I will get around to opening the bottle but I will add notes, eventually.