• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st Cuban Davidoff

atuck

ANEJORE
I finally got my chance to try a cigar on my wish list, the Cuban Davidoff. This one was a #2 from '91. The MRN basically talks shit about this one but I liked it alright. It was a very unique flavored cigar, not like any I have had before. The cigar smelled pretty good, like a nicely aged cuban cigar. The initial taste was tangy, spicy pepper. During the course of the cigar these flavors remained but every once in a while you would catch a taste of cinamon or vanilla. In the tangy flavor tones I picked up orange, lemon and lime. This, although a real nice cigar, was not one of my favorites. I would definetly never turn one of these down though. I might even buy some if the price is right. A unique experience that was very worth having. Here are some pics of it:

DSC01436.jpg

Smoked it to the nub!!

DSC01438.jpg

WOW they look great. Is that a box that you put together or is did some one hook you up big time?

That looked great. I hope to have that experience someday.

Damn, a full box of cammie sharks and a Cuban Davidoff all at the same time. Well done. :thumbs:

WOW they look great. Is that a box that you put together or is did some one hook you up big time?

That looked great. I hope to have that experience someday.

Damn, a full box of cammie sharks and a Cuban Davidoff all at the same time. Well done. :thumbs:
and that's just what he is telling us ???

Looked like you enjoyed it with those burnt fingers Alan :laugh:

Brian

How in the hell do you buy those? What would be the "right price"? First born son? ;)

I anyone else salivating? :laugh:

Great review, great pics.

That looks tastey. I just picked up a couple No. 1's from '90 for my wedding this fall. I figured I should give them a try and what better occasion. If they aren't all they are cracked up to be I've got backups. I believe the blends and attributes are fairly similar (from the few reviews I've been able to find), what libation would you pair these with? I want to do something special for the groomsmen with the cigar.

Nice review. I took a couple puffs off of a Chateau Margaux at a herf and I found it to be, just as you said, a very interesting smoke. I found a lot of herbal and floral notes to complement those fruit flavors that you mentioned. Man, this makes me want to sprak up the one and only Davidoff that I have.

I had the opportunity to sample one of the #2's from '83 and my experience was a little different. Mine was very mellow with strong floral notes. I guess an 8 year difference did the trick. I really enjoyed the cigar. Thanks for the review. Anytime a cigar like this is torched, it needs to be shred. Thanks Alan.

I am trying hard in your picture to see the step-off or shoulder at the cigar-ash transition area (burn area) that is there. I find it usually in older smokes. Did you notice it as you smoked it?

Very cool Alan!!!

I know where to score these but at 150 a pop I am pretty sure the wife would say non bueno!

:)

I had the opportunity to sample one of the #2's from '83 and my experience was a little different. Mine was very mellow with strong floral notes. I guess an 8 year difference did the trick. I really enjoyed the cigar. Thanks for the review. Anytime a cigar like this is torched, it needs to be shred. Thanks Alan.

A lot depends on how they cigars were stored. If kept in the cedar boxes, the #2's have a nice herbal/floral taste with cedar/woody aftertaste. After they are broken from the boxes and stored as singles they tend to lose a lot of the complexness that is normal for a Davidoff. Personally I find smaller Davidoffs offer a much more complex smoking experience than the larger ones, provided they are stored well. A well stored Davidoff Tubo is just a sublime smoke!!

Hey pnutbutrsangwich, spark it up. I know it was well cared for. :whistling:

Thanks for the review!

One day I hope to try a Davidoff. I'm afraid I'll be disappointed by it however, as I'm sure I'll need to drop some serious cash in order to get a taste of one.

For about $75 shipped you can get a '91 Davidoff #2. A late 80's version of your sigtag goes for about $550, to put it in perspective. :)

A lot depends on how they cigars were stored. If kept in the cedar boxes, the #2's have a nice herbal/floral taste with cedar/woody aftertaste. After they are broken from the boxes and stored as singles they tend to lose a lot of the complexness that is normal for a Davidoff. Personally I find smaller Davidoffs offer a much more complex smoking experience than the larger ones, provided they are stored well. A well stored Davidoff Tubo is just a sublime smoke!!

Thanks for this MattR. You just helped me make several decisions...

A very generous BOTL hooked me up for with one for my honeymoon. The trade was 60 bucks worth of sticks. Not bad for an '83 #2, and a once in a lifetime experience. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Brandon

Cuban Dunhills have held up much better over the years, IMHO. I've had a number of Davidoffs, and while they are nice smokes, I think the most interesting thing about the experience is smoking a rarity.