• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cello or No?

When putting your cigars in your humi do you remove the cello first?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
I've started removing the cello from most of my sticks before putting them to bed in my humidors based on information on proper aging I've read here and elsewhere. I'm curious to get opinions on this topic. Thank everyone.

According to Mr Nee, stick of the same age but stored in cello tasted better than the no-cello. I dunno if it is true or not. But I will see in another 3-4 years.

Emo

I was told by my local tobacconist to leave the cello on, he says that it helps to hold the oils in the cigar, keeps the flavors from marrying and in case of humidification fluctuation it will help control splitting.

Hmmm, A$$man talking about flatuation and spitting... something just don't seem right there.

Ok, so I read it too fast the first time. :sign: :sign: :D

Wascal said:
Hmmm, A$$man talking about flatuation and spitting... something just don't seem right there.
Oooooooop's! Was that me? I will open a window :p

both.
sometimes when I buy a few, they come with cello, or sometimes not.
if there is no cello, I now put them into the bags I got from SD-Stack.

I would have them naked so they could marry, but realistically, no cigar has stayed in my humi longer that a 2-3 mos. (and those are a few special ones to be saved.). Well that, and I usually only have 2-3 of a cigar brand in there.

I used to take it off but now I leave it. Also as Emo said, it's MRN's opinion that cigars aged in cello age slower but better.

Both. Most of the cigars I buy come without cello so it's a no-brainer... right into the Igloodor or Humi as is. The cigars that come in cello stay in cello... mainly because I'm too damn lazy to unwrap them... LOL! However... when I move cello'd sticks to my desktop prior to smoking I'll remove the cello.

I'm mixed on whether the cello helps or doesn't help the aging process. But... I will say that if you grab a cello'd cigar and the cello is yellowish-brownish and oily looking you'll usually be in for a great smoke!

Aloha,

Wade

Good question,
sometimes yes and sometimes no.
For some reason I think that the cello protects it a little more, but I'm not sure.

I'll tell you who de-cello's them is my wife.Once she takes one out to look at it, I'm like-ok trash the wrapper your going to tear the cigar putting it back in the cello.

Michael

Hmm, nope..won't go there Mike.. too easy :sign:

Fortunately, no one else around my house fondles my cigars but me :0

No one but me :love: to open the fridge-a-dor

I too leave the cello on if it comes with one. It leaves a protective cover when sending and moving around from humi to humi. :thumbs:

Great topic, I have wondered which is best for a while.

I usually leave the cello on. Sometimes when I buy a few of the same cigar I'll remove the cello from one to see the difference. I can't really tell the difference when they're only in the humi for a couple of weeks although if I've got it at a higher RH the de-celloed cigars are sometimes a little softer. As for the cigars that I have let sit for longer periods of time the de-celloed have ended up dry and splitting. :(

A good point was brought up about leaving the cello on.... if I buys cigars that I know at least some of them will be gifted or traded via mail I will leave the cello on. It's a great way to help protect the cigars intransit!

Aloha,

Wade

I leave them on mostly to prevent damage. Some will also tell you that the oils from different wrappers wil contaminate each other but my taste buds aren't anywhere near good enough to know if that is true or not.

I really hate a damaged wrapper, you get a rip or tear and you're literally "sucking wind" so when I get cello wrapped cigars, the cello stays on.

I'm also really looking forward to getting baggies from SD-Stack for some of my nicer naked sticks.

when i buy at the store, they go in with cello. when i order online,
they go in naked for a few days to normalise, then back into the
cello. i also cant wait to get the bags from steve, thet will be
easier than trying to slither them into cellos! :thumbs:

todd

I follow 3 simple rules:

1. If, the cigar comes with cello, I take it off if I plan on smoking it within a couple of weeks.

2. If, the cigar comes with cello and I don't plan on smoking it within a couple of weeks I leave it on.

3. If, the cigar does not come with cello, I leave it off :p

Sam

I can never make up my mind about anything, and cello is no exception.
So I trim the ends of the cello off (to improve air flow) but leave the cello sleeve on. Am I being anal? ???

Interesting. Kind of a compromise between total removal or leaving them in. I like it!