• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ExquisiCat Silica Pearl beads

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
I just bought some Exquisicat Pearl Fresh silica beads for my humis' , but all Petsmart had was a 7.2 pound container.....more than I'll ever need. These are the clear, unscented, dust free beads. If anyone is interested in some or needs some, shoot me a pm with your addy and I'll send you out a pound. I'll be able to give up 4 one pound (approx.) bags so first come first serve.

I just bought some Exquisicat Pearl Fresh silica beads for my humis' , but all Petsmart had was a 7.2 pound container.....more than I'll ever need. These are the clear, unscented, dust free beads. If anyone is interested in some or needs some, shoot me a pm with your addy and I'll send you out a pound. I'll be able to give up 4 one pound (approx.) bags so first come first serve.

Just keep it, you'll never know when it'll come in handy. It's cheap and shipping will be worth more than the litter itself.

Just keep it, you'll never know when it'll come in handy. It's cheap and shipping will be worth more than the litter itself.

That's true....but like I said I don't need it now and if there's someone that can't find any, they can have it no charge.

Thanks for the offer, but TYFNS is right. It isn't worth the freight since most of us likely have a PetSmart nearby. Strangely, mine doesn't have it and according to the manager, doesn't stock it. There are 4 or 5 other stores in metro Denver, though.

I was just offering up what I wasn't going to use. Thanks for the input.

Nice thought Jonesy. TYFNS is right, the way this hobby works you will need it sooner then later. Let us know how it works for you. :thumbs:

I was just offering up what I wasn't going to use. Thanks for the input.

Nice offer, though. Someone might want to take you up on it, otherwise I'm sure they'll get used eventually. :)

Nice of you to offer, and even though the postage will cost more than you paid for the beads, somebody would be mighty happy to recieve them if they are new to the beads thing and can't find them.

Nice offer Jonesy!

Jonesy I know I sure can't seem to find any around here. All I can find is tidy cat crystals (half blue maybe scented). So if your offer to send some applies to newbies I would take you up on it.

Jonesy I know I sure can't seem to find any around here. All I can find is tidy cat crystals (half blue maybe scented). So if your offer to send some applies to newbies I would take you up on it.

PM me you home address and I'll get them out tomorrow. Good timing because this is the last of the 4 bags.

PM me you home address and I'll get them out tomorrow. Good timing because this is the last of the 4 bags.

I spoke too soon...kitty litter is in high demand :)

I have been reading a lot about cat litter. I haven't read anything quite concrete on how and if they work.
I have 3 questions.
Do they work?
Do I use distilled water or the PG solution?
Do they regulate the humidity level with just
distilled water?

I have been reading a lot about cat litter. I haven't read anything quite concrete on how and if they work.
I have 3 questions.
Do they work?
distilled water?

From what i've read in threads scross the board and info from other members, it does work, but you have to use this particular brand that is silica based, non-dusting, and totally clear ( no blue pieces). I've seen that you need distilled water and NOT a PG solution, seems it may clog them up. You have to condition them for an unknown period, as long as a few weeks, to get and maintain the RH you want. Hope this helps.

I have 3 questions.
Do they work?
distilled water?

From what i've read in threads scross the board and info from other members, it does work, but you have to use this particular brand that is silica based, non-dusting, and totally clear ( no blue pieces). I've seen that you need distilled water and NOT a PG solution, seems it may clog them up. You have to condition them for an unknown period, as long as a few weeks, to get and maintain the RH you want. Hope this helps.

I don't know what mean by "conditioning".
I have alot of cigars coming to me and I will
be using tupperware to store them.
What would be the best, quickest, and cheapest
way to humidify them. I might, in the
future purchase the hearfelt product
of the beads they sell at Cheaphumidors.com.

Conditioning is taking the 100% Silca Gel Kitty Litter (KL) and putting it in an established enviroment at the desired RH level you want to maintain. The unconditioned KL will condition to the rh of the surrounding enviroment over a few weeks time. Thats kinda a quick and dirty explanation without trying to get all technical. A search of this topic will produce plenty of info for you.

To anser your question on best, quickest, and cheap? Conditioning KL takes a little bit of time so if you are pressed for time I would advise you to order the beads from heartfelt.

Conditioning is taking the 100% Silca Gel Kitty Litter (KL) and putting it in an established enviroment at the desired RH level you want to maintain. The unconditioned KL will condition to the rh of the surrounding enviroment over a few weeks time. Thats kinda a quick and dirty explanation without trying to get all technical. A search of this topic will produce plenty of info for you.

To anser your question on best, quickest, and cheap? Conditioning KL takes a little bit of time so if you are pressed for time I would advise you to order the beads from heartfelt.

Thanks allofus!

Depending on who you talk to, PG solution may or may not be detrimental to KLH however, DOW Chemicals (the company that manufactures Propylene Glycol said that it will NOT clog the beads and that the beads and PG will work well together. Since I had my conversation with DOW a few weeks ago, I’ve used the PG and Beads in conjunction with each other and my 2 humi’s have been rock steady at 68%. Do a search for PG and beads.