• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1993 Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 3

atuck

ANEJORE
Here is a very nice treat indeed! A 1993 Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 3. Just by looking at the box you can tell that these cigars has some age on them. I did notice that a few of the cigars have cracked feet. So I would imagine this box got bounced around a bit over the years. I smelled the cigars in the box and they had a musty smell to them. Instantly reminding me of what Loren mentioned in his review about the raked leaves smell. And like he said, this is not a bad thing. It said to me, "We are getting old and need to be smoked!". OK! I will! :D

DSC01622.jpg

As you can see, even though some of the feet are cracked, the cigars look to be in great shape.

DSC01621.jpg

I picked the cigar on top that had the biggest crack in the foot. Used my punch and discovered it was plugged :angry: . So I put it back and grabbed another one. It had a tight draw but was not plugged. The prelight draw was nice and promising. Giving me the sensation of sweet leather and wood.

DSC01623.jpg

Immediate flavors of sweet wood w/ a floral herbalness were present upon the 1st draw. Getting into the 1st inch flavors of cinnamon and vanilla bean are intermingling w/ the previous flavors. Very nice. The flavor kind of reminds me of some rare, exotic (and expensive) chocolates I had once. A spice that I know I've tasted several times before but don't know what the hell it is exactly. The draw has also loosened up a bit, almost perfect for a cigar of this size.

DSC01624.jpg

Into the 2nd inch flavors of leather, cinnamon and caramel w/ a touch of exotic woods were dominant. Still that familiar spice is present as well. This cigar is proving to be one of the best Partagas cigars I have ever smoked. Very unique and complex. The halfway point throws in some nice flavor changes. I am getting a toasted tobacco flavor now w/ bread and pastry notes in the background.

DSC01625.jpg

The flavors are all starting to meld together making for a very delicious smoking experience. The complexity is still there but it feels as if all the parts of a recipe are coming together to make a very succulent meal. The aromas of this cigar are almost intoxicating, all the while emulating and complimenting the flavors. Obviously I smoked this thing to as close of a nub as I could get w/out it getting too hot. I put it down when it started to burn my mustache (not a good aroma :laugh: ).

DSC01626.jpg

I think you can all guess what my overall impression of this cigar might be. Any guesses? :D

OK - not much get's me jealous...this....it got me jealous!

Excellent!!!!!

Fantastic, as always, Alan!
I have something coming in that I hope to review that can almost (maybe) hold a candle to these, though I doubt I'll be able to review it 1/10 as well!

WOW, another fantastic review Atuck.

The flavors of the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 3 sound incredible.
I'm thinking you gave this cigar 10 out of 10...

Partagas ............... I love their flavor profile ............. and this one sounds like it is an awesome blend :thumbs:

Great review again Alan !

Looks lke you have some treasures in that humi of yours.

Great review and thanks for the pics.

Excellent review once again Alan.

I have a box from 2,000, they are smoking great but maybe I need to wait another 7 years - 7 YEARS!! NOT.

Brian

Glad I could assist you with the description. :laugh: Sounds like an interesting smoke. Now the question is what drink would you have with it once you smoke it again.

Glad I could assist you with the description. :laugh: Sounds like an interesting smoke. Now the question is what drink would you have with it once you smoke it again.

This one, I was happy w/ some coffee. But could be smoked w/ out as well. Some of these old stick definetly need something like coffee but some don't. If they don't I prefer to just have some water. But if I think they need something like coffee, well I better have some or I wont smoke it. The only way to tell is to smoke 1st one w/ just water IMO. Better safe than sorry.

I have been wondering how to describe that raked leaves thing for a while, now to me it is very obvious. Thanks for the help.

This one, I was happy w/ some coffee. But could be smoked w/ out as well. Some of these old stick definetly need something like coffee but some don't. If they don't I prefer to just have some water. But if I think they need something like coffee, well I better have some or I wont smoke it. The only way to tell is to smoke 1st one w/ just water IMO. Better safe than sorry.

I have been wondering how to describe that raked leaves thing for a while, now to me it is very obvious. Thanks for the help.

So is that raked leave smell include damp leaves? I know, I know ..... but raked damp leaves smell different than raked dry leaves and raked damp leaves is what I'm imagening.

:cool:

Here is a very nice treat indeed! A 1993 Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 3. Just by looking at the box you can tell that these cigars has some age on them. I did notice that a few of the cigars have cracked feet. So I would imagine this box got bounced around a bit over the years. I smelled the cigars in the box and they had a musty smell to them. Instantly reminding me of what Loren mentioned in his review about the raked leaves smell. And like he said, this is not a bad thing. It said to me, "We are getting old and need to be smoked!". OK! I will! :D

DSC01622.jpg

As you can see, even though some of the feet are cracked, the cigars look to be in great shape.

DSC01621.jpg

I picked the cigar on top that had the biggest crack in the foot. Used my punch and discovered it was plugged :angry: . So I put it back and grabbed another one. It had a tight draw but was not plugged. The prelight draw was nice and promising. Giving me the sensation of sweet leather and wood.

DSC01623.jpg

Immediate flavors of sweet wood w/ a floral herbalness were present upon the 1st draw. Getting into the 1st inch flavors of cinnamon and vanilla bean are intermingling w/ the previous flavors. Very nice. The flavor kind of reminds me of some rare, exotic (and expensive) chocolates I had once. A spice that I know I've tasted several times before but don't know what the hell it is exactly. The draw has also loosened up a bit, almost perfect for a cigar of this size.

DSC01624.jpg

Into the 2nd inch flavors of leather, cinnamon and caramel w/ a touch of exotic woods were dominant. Still that familiar spice is present as well. This cigar is proving to be one of the best Partagas cigars I have ever smoked. Very unique and complex. The halfway point throws in some nice flavor changes. I am getting a toasted tobacco flavor now w/ bread and pastry notes in the background.

DSC01625.jpg

The flavors are all starting to meld together making for a very delicious smoking experience. The complexity is still there but it feels as if all the parts of a recipe are coming together to make a very succulent meal. The aromas of this cigar are almost intoxicating, all the while emulating and complimenting the flavors. Obviously I smoked this thing to as close of a nub as I could get w/out it getting too hot. I put it down when it started to burn my mustache (not a good aroma :laugh: ).

DSC01626.jpg

I think you can all guess what my overall impression of this cigar might be. Any guesses? :D

You didn't really lik em' and you want to ship the rest to me for proper disposal.... :rolleyes:

edit for bad spelling

So is that raked leave smell include damp leaves? I know, I know ..... but raked damp leaves smell different than raked dry leaves and raked damp leaves is what I'm imagening.

:cool:

A mix of both! :D

fantastic review. oh and hahaha great job at keeping ur nails maintained haha.