• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grape White Owl Review

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
So thanks to the “generosity” of Brandon (hojadepuro) and Nick (Razorback) I have been encouraged to perform another one of my famous flavored cigar reviews. I always say, you don't know what it is until you smoke it, but it doesn't mean you have to like it. So here I am. Now remember DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, let my idiocy be a lesson to you all.

--Storage and Removal--
To make sure that “bad juju” from these smokes didn't leach into the rest of my supply, I had to take extra precautions. Even from within it's own plastic prison the managed to only be stopped by the fail safe bag. Opening the bag and taking a whiff reminded me of plasticy new car smell. Yea, this is going to be a ball. Looks like it is time to smoke this Toyota.

25052007003.jpg

So to at least try and make this bearable I have employed the help of a grape flavor that I find favorable. That my friends will come from a glass of Menage a Trios. Granted it isn't the best, but I mean come on.....

--Prelight Impressions--

inwrap.jpg

After bursting this bubble I was hit hard by the essence of The Tussin. Remember that god awful cough medicine your mom made you take as a kid, well this thing wreaks of it from more than a foot away. A slight tingly burn, like Red Bull also causes me concern

construction.jpg

The construction on this cigar is magical. By that I mean, that it seems to have absolutely no seams! Almost as if it was squeezed from a tooth paste tube. What planet do you have to live on to think, "Oh you know what, if I soaked this Safeway paper sack in some grape drink and smoke it, it will be awesome". Guess what, no it isn't!

--Light and Initial Impressions--

begining.jpg

With a flick and a spark we start this adventure. Right off the bat I get the distinct impression of cheap blueberry muffins. Looks like the good folks a White Owl let the Pillsbury Dough Boy in on the oral gang bang. After putting the smoke through the nose gentle notes of week old lunch meat show their presence. This type of aging foresight is the product of an excellent blender for sure.

--First Quarter--

firstquar.jpg

whywog.jpg

Oh my. This is flat as pancake. Weird tainted sweet notes remincent of Grandmas old ribbon candy come through. Also the aroma is similar to that of children's Play-Doh. Almost enticing, but repulsive at the same time. Hell, at least the Play-Doh says “Non Toxic” on it.

--At the Half--

half.jpg

I feel like I am cannibalizing Grimace. If that purple QTip had a flavor I am sure it would be similar.
Maybe this brown log is more of the type of thing he would expel. Yes, that is it, the oh so subtle flavor of McDonald's tainted anus is present.

--Third Quarter--

thridquar.jpg

It is like the Kool Aid man just bitch slapped me. He and that Hawaiian Punch fellow teamed up and helped to flavor this fudge dragon of a cigar. Damn it. At this point I would rather live inside a tire fire. At least that would kill me.

--Ending Notes and Impressions--

ohgodwhythis.jpg

end.jpg

Well, that will not be happening again. How you can call such a thing a cigar is beyond me. The ash on this thing peels like an old man with shingles, diseased and falling apart. Typically the color purple has been reserver for the likes of royalty. Well this is the king all right, the
King of CRAP!

Smokem' if you gotem'

-Tony

Pretty much my reaction too: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=25330

I had picked up a pack of Peach White Owls at the same time as the WOGs with the intention to slip them into an outgoing bomb. One day a new coworker spied the unopened pack for Peach flavored blunts on my desk and inquired about them. So I gave him the pack, "knock yourself out." About a week lighter I saw the EMPTY box in his trash. He had smoked all 5, and even enjoyed them!

It takes all kinds I guess...

Encore! I got a watermellon and a pineapple for ya Tony!

That just made my day. Bravo... :thumbs:

:thumbs: :laugh: :laugh:

Well done, brave Guinea Pig,... well done.

Nick

excellent review.
I'll reading this inspired piece when writing mine!

~R

I'll be bookmarking the thread in case I need blackmail material! :laugh:

edit to add: Tony, next time you lose a bet, bet that you'll work naked or something easy.

Encore! I got a watermellon and a pineapple for ya Tony!
OH god why...... I can't say that would be any fun at all. At least the CAO's, Acids and Lars Tetens are trying to be a cigar. These are giant tobacco paper cigarettes sprayed with a cheap whores perfume.

But then again, who the hell else is going to do it...... :cool:

Too be continued??????

F-You! I was lookin' forward to my grape smokin tonight! Damn all of you that ruined it! Now I have to go and smoke one of those damn Anejo thingies! Maybe even a VSG thingie as well... I was so lookin' to smoke a Grape White Owl!!!

Is there a 12 step program for this behavior?

How about this:

Step 1, Don't smoke everything you're handed.....

Is there a 12 step program for this behavior?

How about this:

Step 1, Don't smoke everything you're handed.....
What can I say, it is the principal of the thing.

Rule 1 -- You can't refuse a gifted cigar
Rule 2 -- You MUST smoke all gifted cigars

Then again, maybe I do take this too far :D

Well done !! Thank you for abusing you palette for our enjoyment !! :thumbs:

How the hell did you manage to smoke that thing down to the nub?
Either a lot of courage because there was something in it for you, or you were pissed ???

Brian

How the hell did you manage to smoke that thing down to the nub?
Either a lot of courage because there was something in it for you, or you were pissed ???

Brian

My money would be on the toxic fumes killing off such a large proportion of his brain cells that he ceased knowing better after about three puffs...

I just about bathed my keyboard in coffee after reading that! Nice review T-bag! :laugh:

lmao!!! :sign: :sign:

Very well done Tony! I am impressed with the fortitude you took on this adventure! Thanks for making it as enjoyable (for the rest of us) as possible!

But I somehow recall you saying you were going to smoke them back to back to back to back to back.... :sign: :sign:

Alright, I guess that may be taking things way too far! Thanks again for the entertaining review. Well done my friend. Wash that palate out with something nice!! :thumbs:

Brandon

Damm, you have excited my taste buds!! I am on the way out to my local gas station to get some! :laugh: Thanks for the great review and pictures. :thumbs: