• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Indian Tabac Limited Reserve

Saxjazzman

This thread will review:

Name: Indian Tabac Limited Reserve (Bison)
Size: 6.5 x 54 Torpedo
Wrapper: Conneticut Seed
Binder: UKN
Filler: HON/UKN
MSRP: 25 cigars in a bundle for $59.95
Price Payed: $59.95
Stated Strength: Mild
Comments: Wrapper is grown in Ecuador and the cigar is made in Honduras, under the direction of Nestor Plasencia. The cigars are relatively new. They have been in the humi for less than 2 months.

For original thread discussion see Start Up Thread

To keep it standard, we would rate the cigars in three categories.

A) Appearance--How the cigar looks, how the pre-light smell is, the wrapper, etc.

B) Taste---How is the taste? Spicy, strong, bland, airball, etc. How did the taste progress, etc.

C) Construction---How did the cigar perform in terms of draw, burn, ash, etc.

To rate the cigars we would use a number from 5 to 10, 5 being one you would not even give Fidel to smoke and ten being a damm good cigar. The final rating number would be determined by the following:

A + B + (1.5)C divided by 3.5. This is similar to how Cigar Magazine does it but it is a little different. I realize that this is not perfect and there may be better ways but this would work also. Thanks for the reviews!!

I'd recently smoked an Indian Tabac that I really liked.
That being said I chose this smoke immediatey, and smoked my alloted amount.

9 - Appearance was great, well made smoke, nice scent and construction
7 - Taste was good, very consistant tobacco throughout with a slight bite if you smoke too fast. Not a ton of flavor change.
8 - Construction was great. Razor sharp burn, no problems and such. Not a good Ash Stand cigar however, -1 on that

(9+7+(8*1.5) / 3.5) = 8

All in all a really good smoke, and these are a few weeks old, with age? Hmmmm....

Enjoy,
Rob

I have to say that I was not a big fan of these. I found them to be a bit dry/harsh. The construction, burn, draw was decent but the flavor was just off. Like smoking ash. Could have been how it was stored as i got it from a friend (note the finger pointing here) at a BBQ but he wasn't crazy about it either. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I have to say that I was not a big fan of these. I found them to be a bit dry/harsh. The construction, burn, draw was decent but the flavor was just off. Like smoking ash. Could have been how it was stored as i got it from a friend (note the finger pointing here) at a BBQ but he wasn't crazy about it either. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I can't argue with you about them being a bit harsh, I did notice your observation occasionally, but I found I was smoking a little fast too. I stepped down the cadence a bit and things turned out great.
I also forgot to mention there was a decent volume of smoke.

I took one for the team on this one! :laugh: The review was done once again at the witching hour by tiki torch and starlight with my room temp water.

Appearance-6.5
Couple of big veins, imperfect roll. Natural wrapper, the prelight aroma was very mild and lightly sweet. The prelight draw was ok to loose.
These are wrapped with cedar, and every cigar I get with cedar, I use to finish the light. Clipped it 'Wilkey" style, torched and finished it with the lit cedar.

Taste-6
I did not find this to be a harsh cigar. Immediately it reminded me of a Don Tomas. The taste did not really progress nor was it complex. I found it to be overall mild and plain but the specifics I could kind of pick out were an airy floralness with notes of grass and pine.

Construction-8
Draw was a bit on the loose side. The ash was a dingy grey that fell at 1 1/4 inch. It burned well with no touch up required and produced a good amount of smoke.

Score: 6.5 + 6 + (1.5)8/3.5 = 7
100_0470.jpg

100_0472.jpg

100_0475.jpg

Final thoughts:
This is not a cigar to sit with or focus on. It is not a dog rocket, but definately a yard gar.