• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

talking about sources..why not ?

baselfish

how is it that just talking about sources is taboo yet cp has a page full of sources...

http://www.cigarpass.com/online_retailers.shtml

click on any of these and they all guarantee delivery to the "land of the free"

is not incongruent with this veiled notion that talking about sources is somehow "dangerous"
when, heck - just looking at the top of my page now a banner streams about some guy named "lou" who guarantees delviery worldwide...

with all the discussion about "letters" and "fines" - wouldnt we say it is also potentially irresponsible of CP to have these links...

obviously the honus lies on yourself...if ya cannot afford to pay the fine - dont do the proverbial crime...
but at the same time, if CP is going to have these sources listed - what is the harm in allowing for the free exchange and dialogue...

i mean heck CP lists these as their "reputable retailers" so why not open it up for us to talk about...

BF

CP has members all over the world. Purchasing from those sources at the top of the page(s) for our members not in the USA isn't an issue.

Cuban cigars are illegal in the US and the owner of the board has asked folks living in the US to not discuss how to obtain them in the forums:

Just a reminder to all. Discussing sources is strictly prohibited in the open forum. If you want to discuss sources, then please take it to E-Mail and not on an open platform. We are an international forum with members from all over the world. Even though the sale of cuban cigars may be legal in your country, it is illegal in the United States. Please do not discuss where you purchase your cuban products from nor reveal your sources. We want CP to be a safe place for all.

If you are unclear in any way, then please email us at CP or PM another member for further clarification.

Thank you,
CigarPass
You should respect his wishes or go away. That, as they say, is that.

B.B.S.
Edited to include Rod's message - B.B.S.

CP has members all over the world. Purchasing from those sources at the top of the page(s) for our members not in the USA isn't an issue.

Cuban cigars are illegal in the US and the owner of the board has asked folks living in the US to not discuss how to obtain them in the forums.

You should respect his wishes and that, as they say, is that.

B.B.S.

i understand the worldwide membership - but again - of the links ive clicked - only one of the sources outright hs a policy against shipping to the USA...

the rest make it pretty clear that they will ship to the USA - no questions asked...with a 100% delivery gurantee...
so again it is clear that these "sources" are clearly looking for the CP internet seal of approval and they are clearly marketing their prodcuts to the USA market...

all i am saying is that if CP itself is going to have a list like this of vendors who clearly have taken steps to try to entice us Americans to violate federal trade statures...why not open it up for discussion...

otherwise i would still submitt that it is incongruent - disingenious to post such a list of links without allow members to freely discuss their creditials or merits.

im not the one giving out a list of links of compaines who are willing to sell cc's to the USA - CP is..

so since CP opens the door...all i am asking is why we cant walk though and discuss the subject from here...

bf

...all i am asking is why we cant walk though and discuss the subject from here...

bf
I'll repeat this for you one more time. Read it aloud, slowly, over and over, until it starts to sink in:

.....Because the site owner and admin asked you not to.

It's posted as a sticky at the top of this forum. Bold letters. Hard to miss.

First post, and you're already being critical of established, stated policy? Great......I'm sure you'll do well here.

...all i am asking is why we cant walk though and discuss the subject from here...

bf
I'll repeat this for you one more time. Read it aloud, slowly, over and over, until it starts to sink in:

First post, and you're already being critical of established, stated policy? Great......I'm sure you'll do well here.

all i am doing is questioning something on it's merits...

im down with "its their house so its their rules" but

when did being critcal or asking a question beomce a bad thing...
i just thought i would try to stimulate a more lofty topic for debate and discussion...

so if doing so gets me banned or booted and you have the pull to do so...then do what you have to do...

all i am trying to get it is the rationale that leads to these "no discussion rules" and at the same time having a list of "vendors" who implicity market directly to the USA.

You stepped in someone's house and trying to make a rules?
Hmm... I'm gonna fix some popkorn :whistling:

again...who's making or breaking rules...

all i did was ask a question and post a link found on the CP web site...

the rule is no discussion of sources...and yet CP themselves - basically has a full listing of their own endorsed "reputable retailers" nearly all who make it clear they can, will, and regularlly do ship to the USA...

you tell me how that makes sense...

bf

i just thought i would try to stimulate a more lofty topic for debate and discussion...

so if doing so gets me banned or booted and you have the pull to do so...then do what you have to do...

all i am trying to get it is the rationale that leads to these "no discussion rules" and at the same time having a list of "vendors" who implicity market directly to the USA.

Oh man, what's goin on Basel, haven't seen you around in like forever!
Literally...
...never before on these boards.

Since you're new and such (as we all were one day) I'd recommend the following:

1: Post some stuff in your profile
2: Post a 'introduction' thread
3: Do some reading, educate yourself on the following threads at least to start:
http://www.cigarbbguide.com/
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...p;f=34&id=5

If, after you've done the above you've still got the drive to pursue this inquiry go ahead.
For now? 'because the owner said so' is gonna have to suffice. BBS has supplied you with a succinct answer, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean he (or anyone else) has to oblige your ignorance.

~R

bf

You are a guest here just like the rest of us. Rod has rules that have been in place for a long time. It is in YOUR best interest to not discuss sources should you choose to break the law and purchase/import contraband. It is in YOUR best interest to follow the rules and traditions of this forum upon joining. If you can't do that, your time will be unpleasant and likely short. Imagine someone walking into your home and trying to rearrange the furniture. You're attempting to do the same thing in this thread.

Your question has been answered as simply and as completely as is necessary. There is nothing more to say about that.

However, try to use a little courtesy when typing your topics/responses and use correct punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. It is a matter of tradition here, and it is expected that you treat the forum to at least that level of consideration. There's no use "fancying" up your language if you can't spell the words.

CP has no control over whether the retailers decide to break the law by sending to the US. They are reputable dealers for people outside of the US, however.

The Admin (Rod) does have control over the users on this board and has made the rule that sources will not be discussed.

If you're located somewhere other than the US, enjoy the retailers. If you're in the US, get over the allure of "forbidden cubans!" and enjoy the tons of other tasty, legal cigars.

Too f'n easy, man...

---John Holmes...

CP has no control over whether the retailers decide to break the law by sending to the US. They are reputable dealers for people outside of the US, however.

The Admin (Rod) does have control over the users on this board and has made the rule that sources will not be discussed.

If you're located somewhere other than the US, enjoy the retailers. If you're in the US, get over the allure of "forbidden cubans!" and enjoy the tons of other tasty, legal cigars.

Too f'n easy, man...

---John Holmes...

I agree 100 %

MMMMMMMM...... Fuente...........Pepin.........the list goes on and on and on...........................

Too f'n easy, man...

---John Holmes...

I agree 100 %

MMMMMMMM...... Fuente...........Pepin.........the list goes on and on and on...........................

And thats coming from a guy who can buy Cubans anytime he wants from his local shop. :thumbs:

how is it that just talking about sources is taboo yet cp has a page full of sources...
- wouldnt we say it is also potentially irresponsible of CP to have these links...
i mean heck CP lists these as their "reputable retailers" so why not open it up for us to talk about...
First of all the considerate thing to do around here when you come in is to introduce yourself to the board. You've obviously found a wealth of other knowledge in your short stay here so how is it you missed the "Introduce yourself Here" thread. As far as this not being open for discussion, Rod, the board owner and administrator has clearly stated that this isn't something we do here on our forum

so again it is clear that these "sources" are clearly looking for the CP internet seal of approval and they are clearly marketing their prodcuts to the USA market...

all i am saying is that if CP itself is going to have a list like this of vendors who clearly have taken steps to try to entice us Americans to violate federal trade statures...why not open it up for discussion...
otherwise i would still submitt that it is incongruent - disingenious to post such a list of links without allow members to freely discuss their creditials or merits.

im not the one giving out a list of links of compaines who are willing to sell cc's to the USA - CP is..

so since CP opens the door...all i am asking is why we cant walk though and discuss the subject from here...

bf

Once again because we've been asked not to. As B.B.S. has so clearly stated, and you should already know, to purchase or have in your possesion, anything Cuban is illegal here in the U.S. There are many members of this board that are from all over the world, not to mention the people that come in and look over the forum and might see one of these vendors and order from them.....which is the purpose since they help cover some of the cost to run this board through their advertising.

What you do is simply that....up to you to do. If you want to take the chance and make a purchase, so beit, just don't discuss on OUR board how you do it. As for trying to stimulate discussion and debate on this topic, there will be none.

THE RULE IS NO DISCUSSION OF SOURCES...and yet CP themselves - basically has a full listing of their own endorsed "reputable retailers" nearly all who make it clear they can, will, and regularlly do ship to the USA...
It makes sense because this forum isn't just seen in the U.S. and these retailers help to sponsor OUR board. What their shipping policies are or to whom they ship is at their discretion, it's up to you if you feel like breaking the law. As for who's making the rules....Rod is, the man that owns this board. This is a privately owned and operated forum so it's his discretion as to what may and may not be talked about on here. If you have a problem with a rule on here, then either keep your disapproval to yourself or just leave. This isn't the only cigar forum on the net, just the friendliest and best.....if you come in here and establish yourself as an asshat and cause waves with your 4th post, then your stay here will be short as I imagine it will be.The rules we have here aren't up for debate or discussion, their here for a purpose, not to be questioned. .......now, after stating these things, what the hell is so hard about understanding what has already been told to you multiple times already? Just leave now before you really start to get hammered by some of the other guys.

- wouldnt we say it is also potentially irresponsible of CP to have these links...
First of all the considerate thing to do around here when you come in is to introduce yourself to the board. You've obviously found a wealth of other knowledge in your short stay here so how is it you missed the "Introduce yourself Here" thread. As far as this not being open for discussion, Rod, the board owner and administrator has clearly stated that this isn't something we do here on our forum

bf

Once again because we've been asked not to. As B.B.S. has so clearly stated, and you should already know, to purchase or have in your possesion, anything Cuban is illegal here in the U.S. There are many members of this board that are from all over the world, not to mention the people that come in and look over the forum and might see one of these vendors and order from them.....which is the purpose since they help cover some of the cost to run this board through their advertising.

What you do is simply that....up to you to do. If you want to take the chance and make a purchase, so beit, just don't discuss on OUR board how you do it. As for trying to stimulate discussion and debate on this topic, there will be none.

THE RULE IS NO DISCUSSION OF SOURCES...and yet CP themselves - basically has a full listing of their own endorsed "reputable retailers" nearly all who make it clear they can, will, and regularlly do ship to the USA...
It makes sense because this forum isn't just seen in the U.S. and these retailers help to sponsor OUR board. What their shipping policies are or to whom they ship is at their discretion, it's up to you if you feel like breaking the law. As for who's making the rules....Rod is, the man that owns this board. This is a privately owned and operated forum so it's his discretion as to what may and may not be talked about on here. If you have a problem with a rule on here, then either keep your disapproval to yourself or just leave. This isn't the only cigar forum on the net, just the friendliest and best.....if you come in here and establish yourself as an asshat and cause waves with your 4th post, then your stay here will be short as I imagine it will be.The rules we have here aren't up for debate or discussion, their here for a purpose, not to be questioned. .......now, after stating these things, what the hell is so hard about understanding what has already been told to you multiple times already? Just leave now before you really start to get hammered by some of the other guys.
Brian, Did the wife piss in your coffee again this morning. :laugh:

Seriously.....................Listen to what these (all of them) guys are telling you. From the "This is the way it is done" comments, to the "Introduce yourself" ones.
Don't take this as everyone being unfriendly, it's just good solid advice. Maybe after you have been here awhile, and people know who you are, they might be more receptive to a post like that. I think you would still get some of the same answers. Although, you would know more about the way this place works and, hopefully would not feel the need to stir up this debate.

You're a newbie that nobody knows from adam. I asked some of the same questions when I came here in my very first post. I was "reminded" by some members about certain rules, just like B.B.S. tried to politely do for you at first.
I instinctively dropped my inqusitiveness on the subject and moved on.
Just like I would if I was a guest in someones house, and performed some kind of act that I could tell made my host uncomfortable. Even though it may be something I would do at my own abode, it's not my place, and I want to show my host that I respect them, and their home/rules. That is what a considerate guest does.

BlindedByScience took point on this and most competently. :thumbs: Also, nicely supported by Mysterea, LilBastage, Jonesy and the rest.

Basically, you've dived into the deep end and attempted to hash out in public a sensitive topic that you do not have the credibility to raise. If you're interested in working out some answers to this seemingly paradoxical situation, spend some time here getting to know us, the community, and our customs. If not, you should just move on.

I can assure you that any member in good standing who has asked this question in private to an established member has been provided a satisfactory answer.

And the word is "onus." Honus (Wagner) was a legendary baseball player from baseball's early era.

Wilkey

:laugh: :laugh: I think he might have already left or atleast got it through his thick head! :laugh: Brian I am sorry your wife pisses in your coffee :laugh:

all i did was ask a question and post a link found on the CP web site...

the rule is no discussion of sources...and yet CP themselves - basically has a full listing of their own endorsed "reputable retailers" nearly all who make it clear they can, will, and regularlly do ship to the USA...

Why does this sound exactly like my 16 yr old daughter...

"Why can't I go out?"
"Because it's 10:30 right now, and curfew is in a half hour. Barely enough time for you to walk out the door and come right back."

"So. The curfew is stupid. Who made up a curfew anyways - a bunch of old guys?"

"Dear. It is what it is. The curfew is the law. If you're out past it, you're in violation of the law. No further discussion needed."

"Yeah. But I want to go out past curfew. Other people get to go our after curfew and don't get into trouble. Their parents don't make such a big deal out of it. You're a yuppie for telling me I can't! You're stupid! The law is stupid! You all suck!!!"

Someday I guess she'll get it... Or she'll hit 17 and it won't matter anymore... :D

Then again - the discussion about staying out all night starts... :rolleyes:

Why does this sound exactly like my 16 yr old daughter...

"Why can't I go out?"
"Because it's 10:30 right now, and curfew is in a half hour. Barely enough time for you to walk out the door and come right back."

"So. The curfew is stupid. Who made up a curfew anyways - a bunch of old guys?"

"Dear. It is what it is. The curfew is the law. If you're out past it, you're in violation of the law. No further discussion needed."

"Yeah. But I want to go out past curfew. Other people get to go our after curfew and don't get into trouble. Their parents don't make such a big deal out of it. You're a yuppie for telling me I can't! You're stupid! The law is stupid! You all suck!!!"

Someday I guess she'll get it... Or she'll hit 17 and it won't matter anymore... :D

Then again - the discussion about staying out all night starts... :rolleyes:

A "yuppie" for making her follow the rules? LOL :laugh: