• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Champion Figurado

Glacies

I've learned more about smoking in the 4 or 5 months I've been with you guys, than in the 6 years I have been smoking before that. With that said, you guys have opened up my eyes to absolutely wonderful cigars that I've either never heard about, or didn't give a second look to.

Now, before I started here, I always claimed that my favorite smoke was a Punch Rare Corojo. I honestly have never had a dud, and I just think its an affordable, well made, consistent and tasty cigar. These cigars seem to have a nutty taste which really hits my palate in the right spot.

So, I was in the local B&M Friday and trying not to buy anything. I noticed the Punch Champion there for 4 bucks. Oh hell, why not? I bought it and threw it in the humidor until yesterday (sunday). This cigar starts out at maybe a 44ga, then swells up to a 60, then necks down to a 30. Interesting, I've never smoked a cigar like that before.

I lit it up with a match, and that was the last time I saw any red from heat. The thing just melted away for me. Awesome taste, that signature nuttiness I get from punch honduran tobbacco, solid white ash and a concentric "melt". I don't know if it had a few wrappers on it, but I just couldn't see the thing burn. I thought it was probably most flavorful at the 60ga, and it gained in intensity as I went on. It got a little too bitter for me at one point, I purged it :O and then it resumed it's mild to full body nutty creamy taste.

Awesome awesome cigar for the money.

It gets the Glacies 2 thumbs up: :thumbs:

I'm not a big fan of the Punch Rare Corojo, however, I have enjoyed the two Punch Champions I've tried.

punch_champion.jpg

These are really good. I really dig the shape. They aren't a very long smoke, but if you like the regular Honduran Punch cigars, you can't go wrong with these. An excellent value if you enjoy the flavor profile.

These and the Royal Coronations are some of the best NC daily smokes around, IMHO. The Champions are a little milder than the royals, but are still great smokes.

Sounds like a great cigar for the price, i will have to pick one up myself.

I'm with BrewMeister, just never had a good experience with the Rare Corojo line...but the regular old Punch, and about everything else made by Villazon, is the best value in the cigar world, hands down.

I've had a few of these in the past and thought they were pretty good, so I picked up a box of them back in August. Just today I got around to smoking my first one. I was out in the shop putzing around, so I clipped it with my shop cutter (a cheapie) and then couldn't find my lighter. I used my trigger-fired MAPP gas torch to light it with...I even toasted the end before putting the flame to it. The torch puts out about a 4 inch flame...I was thinking as I was lighting it, this method is for long cigars only!

The cigar roared to life and was tasty from the 2nd puff. I was painting a small frame and gluing some stuff...Normally, I get too involved in whatever I am doing and forget about the cigar...it goes out in the ashtray. Not this one, I stopped what I was doing so I could enjoy a few puffs. This was a damn fine cigar. At the box price (just under $3/stick) it was exceptional. The cigar made lots of smoke, had just a little bit of a kick and made the shop smell good. The room aroma was very nice. About 2 hours after I finished it, I went back to the shop to check on my paint job and the lingering cigar aroma was very pleasant. It smelled good. I don't often think that about cigars I've smoked.

Only had two problems with it...the ash wasn't worth a dang...flaky and fell off on me twice. The other problem was that it was over in about 40 minutes! I thought about going and getting another one, but didn't.

I am looking forward to smoking my way through the box!

I smoked one today after reading this lil review, and I figured that since I've really enjoyed the other punch cigars I've tried, this was worth it.

Lit it up, and at first I couldn't draw through it at all, the pre-light was tight but didn't seem that bad. I couldn't get any damn smoke. So, I massaged it a bit and this made all the difference.

awesome, consistent smoke that tasted good all the way through. Never got too bitter and never left a bad taste.

i got 2 of these sitting up a the hum right now. cant wait to smoke them

I bought 3 of these, and smoked one. The other two are in humi, but the one I did smoke seemed a bit too spicy, but I'm going to blame that on being a bit dehydrated when I smoked it (bad idea) I'm hoping the next one I smoke will be a lot better as long as I have some water. :rolleyes:

I can't recall anyone, anywhere, saying anything bad about Punch Champions.
Winning fiver bids at Cbid (usually $15-$17) would bear out this shorty's popularity.
Compares mo' bettah to the Punch Magnum (5.25x54), which I think is bland.

I can't recall anyone, anywhere, saying anything bad about Punch Champions.
Winning fiver bids at Cbid (usually $15-$17) would bear out this shorty's popularity.
Compares mo' bettah to the Punch Magnum (5.25x54), which I think is bland.

I've never seen the Champions on CBID?? Guess they could have slipped by, I'll have to focus a bit more on them...

After reading about these bad boys in a couple of post I ran out and snagged one up. Like others have said its has a cool shape and looks attractive. To me the cigar was a lilte pungent in the first 1/4 but eventually smoothed out. Not a bad cigar but not one of my favs.

I had my first one at my B&M last weekend. It was good! Maybe it's because I was talking with my friend a lot but it lasted a good hour for me.

At $4 it's a great buy. Tasted great, good burn.

I love the Punch Rare Corojos it boggles me that people have had such trouble with them. They are one of my favorite smokes, much moreso than the regular Punch line. I like the Rare better than this Champion but both get the thumbs up from me.

I like these alot. One of the golf courses I play stocks these in the club house and they are great for before, during, or after a round.