• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oneoff Perfecto

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
Apologies in advance, there are no pics to accompany this one...

Specimen - Oneoff Perfecto

Stats - 6.5 x 52/64
Nic/Hond. (supposedly, though the precise blend is uncertain)

Today was one of those absolutely gorgeous, heaven-sent days. Crisp morning, with a so-called "cold front" moving into the Miami area. It was sufficiently cool enough to warrant a nice cream linen blazer this morning over a linen shirt. It warmed up throughout the day, but the "cold-front" operates to eliminate the customary humidity, so it's just wonderful. Crystal clear blue skies, not a cloud in the sky, seas relatively calm.

So, for lunch, headed down to the marina where I keep the Ferretti and had lunch delivered there from a catering company I use frequently, with the meal consisting outstanding Peruvian ceviche, perfectly cooked grouper with some veggies and a nice, fresh, tropical fruit salad for dessert. During the meal, an absoultely exquisite 2003 Caymus Cabernet Sauvingon was served - deep, robust, very full and a perfect companion to the meal and the weather. So, dined on this aboard my boat.

Following the meal, pulled out this Oneoff Perfecto. An absolute beauty to behold, with a shape that resembles a work of art. Clip and the pre-light draw was smooth as silk. Toast and fire up and bounties, bounties, bounties of smoke drift up amidst the Miami sea air. The taste - delicious. Immediate notes of leather, wood, earth, coffee and even hints of licorice. The tastes remain throughout, never faltering, only developing further into a great symphony of flavors. Spices develop a bit more, but never harsh, never biting and never too strong. It's definitely on the upper end of the medium scale, and not an all out keester-knocker. But it's not too middle of the road either. It rests nicely in between those categories - a very flavorful, robust smoke that will probably be felt by novices more than it was by myself.

Oneoffs, historically for me anyway, have tended to hit or miss. This is Perfecto has been flawless, time and time again, so much so, I felt it was finally time to commit a review to the forum. If you can get your hands on a box of these (or a single as the case may be), I would highly recommend you pick it up quickly. Some down time on these will only, I surmise, yield even better results.

Thanks for sharing! How old was the cigar that you smoked? Sounds interesting, never smoked a perfecto but the corona left me wanting more.YMMV! :thumbs:

Thanks for the review. I believe the OneOff line has since been discontinued, has it not? Perhaps it was the U.S. distribution that went kaput. I recall that TwoGuys closed these out in the summer of 2006 if my memory serves. The few samples I tried over a year ago were quite good though.

Wilkey

Thanks for the great review. :thumbs:

I had been wondering about these recently.

Cheers,
antaean

Thanks for the review. I believe the OneOff line has since been discontinued, has it not? Perhaps it was the U.S. distribution that went kaput. I recall that TwoGuys closed these out in the summer of 2006 if my memory serves. The few samples I tried over a year ago were quite good though.

Wilkey

I believe they are still in production, though the US distribution is sorely lacking, if not outright non-existent. I actually got these from abroad, and if I recollect correctly, they are approximately 7-8 months old.

I believe Joe Cigar (CI) had these @ 10 for $34.99 just a week or so ago.

Nice review MC. Glad to see I'm not the only one that appreciates these.

Yepper, I posted the "Joe Cigar" deal here. I've bought a few from CBid. :love: