• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Ring?

"....This is a stunning 3 dimensional cast silver ring replicating the Opus X cigar band...."

Two words: Trademark Infringement...... :whistling:

Regards - B.B.S.

If I remember correctly these were made by SEASIDE DESIGNS a couple years ago, but apparently Carlito's legal team dropped the hammer, I contacted them last year and they told me that they had to "cease" all sales and destroy any remaining stock.

"....This is a stunning 3 dimensional cast silver ring replicating the Opus X cigar band...."

Two words: Trademark Infringement...... :whistling:

Regards - B.B.S.

Yup, that's what I was thinking.

If he is not the manufacturer..and just picked it up at say a 'tag sale'....then it's just selling an item.

It would be nice is he were aware it was trademarked..and stated such.

I'm just laughing at the toolbox who bought it for $405.

Put a FFOX label on a can of shit and you'll probably get top dollar for it.

Some people are just simple.

If he is not the manufacturer..and just picked it up at say a 'tag sale'....then it's just selling an item.
Gary, you could be right, but I think if you're selling what is essentially "counterfit" materials, even as a reseller, you can get in hot water.

I do know this; we have this little shoe company in town called "Nike"....maybe you've heard of 'em?.. :laugh: I know for a fact that if they find a retailer selling counterfeit shoes, they go after the retailer with everything they have. The thinking is that if you stomp on anyone who "touches" the illegal goods, you'll discourage others from doing the same.

My guess is that the Fuente folks will protect their trademarks pretty aggressively. I know if it was my trademark being ripped off, I'd be less than charitable about the whole thing.

FWIW - B.B.S.

A Cohiba ring would be a neat novelty, good conversation starter, or a good wedding band! :sign:

But for $200 bucks... I'd rather smoke them. :D

Yup, I spent some time researching these type of relationships and was able to come up with the following indisputable formula:

(Opus X) + (Ebay) + (actually bidding) = douche bag/tool :sign: :laugh:

Billy