• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 (all ISOM pass)

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Are you ready? here we go.

This will be my second (well- third) box pass ever. My first puff puff pass v1.0, started then got lost by player #1 on its way to player #2 :(, so I restocked the box (and player #1 and player #2 helped alot with restocking), and sent out puff puff pass v1.1, so here we are with puff puff pass v2.0! (btw: the first passes were not done on cp- it was a couple years ago and it was a bunch of great guys from asc.. fyi)

Now, what I'd like to do is an all ISOM pass. No other regions. I always wanted to do an all isom pass, or be involved in one, so here we are. Target launch is first week of January 2004. That way everyone is done with mailing presents, holidays, hang overs, and what-not... And what better way to start off the new year than a bunch of super nice cigars?

As mentioned above, my first pass was done on ASC, while a success overall- probably not the best place to start a pass- maybe ok to join one there, but not to start one ;) ... so based on the warm welcome I've received here from CP'ers (you know who you are), this seems like the absolute best enviroment to do this kind of pass... Here is my idea, and I'd really appreciate some guidance and advice from the more experienced "regulars" here too, especially because of the stakes involved...

I want to start the box with some of my personal stock - and I'm going to buy the rest, based on recomendations from the pass participants- I think that would be cool, then its kinda everyones pass too. Now, how many to start out with? Start the pass out with? 30 sticks? 40 sticks? 50 sticks? <INSERT OPINIONS HERE>.

Participants, how many? I would think more the merrier? Should it be restricted in anyway? but again, looking for guidance on this too <INSERT OPINIONS HERE>.

Rules? simple: Standard pass rules apply, play fair, leave the box in as least as good of condition as you found it, quality for quality and absolutely nothing but isoms... nothing else, isom only.

Length of time, that's a tuffy... I have a life too, so I know how plans change, things happen, and schedule's conflict- so I'd like to try and get the box moving around the country as quickly as possible- and maybe back home to me in 60 days or less? Before the weather gets hot in certain spots around the country (hell it was nearly 80 degrees in Texas today Nov 22!) So I'd like to see all the players use a minimum of 2-day shipping, no first class mail or ups ground... 2-day mail or better, tracking number would be a must (see the reason behind my first pass- it got lost), insurance? that would be nice :)

Whats next? Well I guess I'll wait and see what some of the opinions are from the well knowns and regulars around here on this first of all, then we'll get some guideline suggestions, starting amount of sticks and so fourth.

If you're intersted in playing along, post a message here with your suggestions, and what 3 cigars you'd like to see added (be specific, and for fun, add why those three cigars) I can't promise I'll be able to get all the suggested sticks, but I'll definitely try to get the most popular or most voted for. ;)

I guess that about covers it... I guess we'll wait and see what happens, but if all goes as planned, this is going to be a very good upcoming year! :D

:thumbs: Toaster

-----
Starting Cigar Lineup (posted Dec 30 2003)

01. Cohiba Esplendido | February 2001
02. Saint Luis Rey Regios | July 2003
03. RyJ Churchill en Tubo | March 2001
04. Vegas Robaina Famosa | April 2003
05. Montecristo No. 2 | June 2003
06. Cohiba Robusto | July 2003
07. Partagas Serie D No. 4 | July 2003
08. Bolivar Royal Corona | July 2003
09. Sancho Panza Belicoso | April 2001
10. RyJ en Cedro No. 3 | November 2001
11. ERDM Choix Supreme | May 2003
12. HDM Epicure No. 2 | May 2003
13. RyJ Corona No. 2 en Tubo | April 2001
14. Bolivar Belicoso Fino | June 2003
15. Ramon Allones Special Selected | June 2001
16. Partagas Short cabinet | June 2003
17. Montecristo No. 4 | September 2003
18. Fonseca No. 1 | April 2003
19. Fonseca No. 1 | April 2003
20. Gisbert Habaneros No. 2 | September 2002
21. Gisbert Habaneros No. 2 | September 2002
22. H. Upman Especiales | February 1999
23. H. Upman Especiales | February 1999
24. Troya Universales | December 2001
25. Troya Universales | December 2001
26. RyJ Cornita en Cedro | November 2001
27. RyJ Cornita en Cedro | November 2001
28. Quintero Nacionles | November 2001
29. Quintero Nacionles | November 2001
30. Jose L Piedra Cremas | November 2001
31. Jose L Piedra Cremas | November 2001
32. Rafael Gonzalez Panatelas Extra | December 2001
33. Rafael Gonzalez Panatelas Extra | December 2001
34. RyJ Panatella | August 2003
35. RyJ Panatella | August 2003

Pass order

01. phil CA <confirmed>
02. lucasbuck UT <confirmed>
03. styx&stoned OH <confirmed>
04. kurtcigar1 OH <confirmed>
05. ellman PA <confirmed>
06. coventrycat86 CT <confirmed>
07. smokazuna NJ <confirmed>
08. cigah_smoka FL <confirmed>
09. emodx FL <confirmed>
10. sleepyjim GA <confirmed>
11. vewyphishy TX <confirmed>
12. horse TX <confirmed>
13. home to Toaster TX

Enjoy the pass! :thumbs:

I'm in like Flinn!!!!

This sounds GREAT to me!!! :thumbs:

If you want it back in 60 days you are going to have to limit the number of people to 12-15. 2 day shipping does not always work out to be 2 days. I started my pass the first week of November and it should be to the 5th person by the end of the month and thats with no hassels so far.

Definetly insure it and use DC#.

As far as the number of styx, thats all on you. Are you going to buy three or five packs or just singles?

ALL ISOMs, THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!! :thumbs:

STYX

I wanna talk to you on this with suggestions and such. It may be easier to do it in chat. Email me from the forum and we can set up a chat time. I am in, I hope, but I have special time constraints. I suggest starting the pass in the south and making it head north. They South Florida crew is planning a herf the first weekend on February. There are going to be at least 5 of us, so maybe that could be an option of getting maximum amount of players in a very short period of time! Let's chat.

Emo

Hmm... I'm going to use what I can from personal stock, then buy the rest, at least what I can without get thrown out of the house ;) Once the suggestions start coming in via posts here- I'm guessing there will be alot of multiple suggestions for 1 certain stick or certain brands... One of the places I order from sells singles, and my goal is to buy about a box or so- mixed. 2 of these, 3 of those, 1 of this, and 2 of that.... Between that and what I already have- should be fine.

As for the 60 days- my only concern is having the box of treasure out there when its hot outside... Where I am it never gets really cold (well, for us it does- but hell that's 40 degrees to us!) and during the summer months 90 is a cool front! I just dont want the box to take 4 months to go around and end up full of bugs. So probably 8-12 guys max, I'm not really expecting more than that anyway. :)

Dont give me any of this "its your pass" crap, I WANT ADVICE! Suggestions are NEEDED and welcomed. :p

C'mon guys, what sticks would you recomend adding?

I'm in if you'll have me.....I think we should put in there:
Cohiba Robusto.........great little smoke!
R&J churchill......a great golfing smoke!
Vegas Robaina Unicos.......Just as good as a Monte#2 and one of my favs!!
Let me know!

Start in the begining of January in the south and end the begining of March you should have minimal impact on your cigars. Here is what I suggest for putting in your pass, just cigars I either enjoy, or I know other people enjoy.

1. Monte #2
2. Partagas Lusi
3. Patagas 898V
4. Sir Winston
5. BBF
6. Diplo #2
7. ERDM Taino
8. ERDM Choix Supreme
9. HdM Epi #1/2
10. LgC Medallie #2
11. Monte #2
12. PSD #4
13. Punch Punch
14. Quai de Orsay Imperiales
15. RASC
16. RASS
17. RAG
18. RyJ Cedros #2
19. Anything Trini
20. Anything VR
I havent' had anything good to say say about Cohiba, but I have never tried the Siglo line. I ahven't had any LE wow me, but haven't had any turn me off. I suggest starting w/ between 12-18 cigars. Doubles of cigars are definately ok.

Emo

Emo Emo Emo.. I didn't see any Boli's or SLR's in your list :thumbs:

Horse said:
Emo Emo Emo.. I didn't see any Boli's or SLR's in your list :thumbs:
1. Monte #2
2. Partagas Lusi
3. Patagas 898V
4. Sir Winston
5. BBF
6. Diplo #2
7. ERDM Taino
8. ERDM Choix Supreme

That's a Boli. :)

I'll play!!! I'm just getting started with ISOMs. This'll be great to try some I've never had before. :thumbs:

I 'll play I think a couple things might need addressed:

If the sticks are banded you take a chance, slim, but still a chance of getting it snatched and or fined.

maybe ask those that join to be sure their sticks are from a known source, to many BS sticks out there, hell ebay sells counterfit Cohibas all the time.

I would say that before someone joins they have the sticks the plan on "puts" with already, it aint like they can run to the local shop.

OK

Jim

Interesting idea, I would like to join but I would be afraid that I would only have ISOM's that were allready in the pass to put. Seems to me that everyone stocks the same ISOM's and while the FOG's may have gotten around to some of the lesser known brands I sure havent had a chance ( I am trying but not hard enough obviously ) I'll hop on it next time when I acctually have a couple of sticks that aint allready in "the other guy's" humidor.

Phil

SleepyJim,

SO what are you saying? Ask participants who they buy from and what they plan on putting in? This would be a requirement for being added to the pass?

See- that's why I needed the "regulars" opinions, I dunno what I'm doing here yet.

Based on just some of the suggestions, and some of the concerns I'm seeing here- I guess starting the box off with a more managable number (like say 20-25 sticks) is probably in the passes best interest...

Just some of the cigar front runners for addition are:

Montecristo #2
Cohiba Robusto
Partagas Serie D#4
Vegas Robaina Famoso (or Famosa- I cant remember how its actually spelled)
Bolivar ANYTHING (either the beli's or royal corona's)

I'm seeing suggestions for ERDMs, H.Upman, RyJ, and Punch... need more suggestions and discussion :)

I have to be honest, it sounds like fun- I almost want to get it started BEFORE I said ;) I think its gonna be a blast!

Personally, I like BIG havanas (Churchills & DC's), I'm not a fan of the Petit Coronas that most people seem to like.

I also think that you should start it with no more than 25 sticks. 40 to 50 is too many (I think but hey, who am I?).

Oh and suggestions:
H. Upmann Sir Winston
HDM Churchill
Punch Double Corona
El Rey del Mundo Tainos
Quai d' Orsay Imperiales (yeah okay mild but I'd LOVE to try one!)
Partagas Lusitanias
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro (ooooooo nice and strong!!)
Saint Luis Rey Double Corona (hell, any SLR for that matter!!)

Call me a contrarian but I'm not a fan of:
Montes
Cohibas
RyJ

As far as the bands, darn near all of mine are homemade or El Dente bands as I think Jim makes a very good points:
If the sticks are banded you take a chance, slim, but still a chance of getting it snatched and or fined.

maybe ask those that join to be sure their sticks are from a known source, to many BS sticks out there, hell ebay sells counterfit Cohibas all the time.

I would say that before someone joins they have the sticks the plan on "puts" with already, it aint like they can run to the local shop.

I've got enough stock to play today, I bought or traded from 100% reliable sources AND none have real bands :thumbs:

But, your pass, your rules :sign:

SO what are you saying? Ask participants who they buy from and what they plan on putting in? This would be a requirement for being added to the pass?

Asking someones sources as a requirement to most people will be taboo. Now maybe asking someone new that hasn't been in a high pass would be kosher. For the most part, those who would be participating in this pass know about their cigars and fair market value.

Call me a contrarian but I'm not a fan of:
Montes
Cohibas
RyJ
That's because you like the big honking cigars. I had a RyJ churchill size that was pretty damn good.

Interesting idea, I would like to join but I would be afraid that I would only have ISOM's that were allready in the pass to put.
Don't sweat it. Even comparing the same cigar, a 98 Lusi will be different than a 00 Lusi. So having 2 of one stick isn't such a bad thing sometimes. Also, more than 1 cigar allows more than 1 person to try it.

This goes with any pass you join. You look at the starting sticks and compare them to you humi.

Just my .02 cents. I think you are worrying a little too much.

Emo

Well.....with that said I think I would like to join. An all ISOM pass sounds fun, and I HAVE a decent stock of them, just don't know if anything is "one of a kind" ;) . Anyway, I'll play if you'll have me toaster!

LMK

Phil

Oh and CC- smoke a Esplendido, thats cohiba AND big AND tasty!!!! ;) :thumbs:

So far we've got about 10 ? people who want to play (according to my count). Including a couple of guys (like myself) who are pretty new around here and have low post count. :) (opinions on players welcomed here or in PM)

I'm just listening to all the suggestions- Still have about 1 month or so to get this rolling.

Any suggestion on how many players there should be?

So whats the vote on bands or no-bands? You guys think there would be an issue with domestic shipments inside the usa? Thats why I wanted to opened early, to get these suggestions, so let's have 'em. Removing bands is no big deal, even though I don't see that being a problem.