• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CL3

Scott1966

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to try a couple of these cigars at my 3rd Annual Long Island, NY Charity Herf yesterday (4/5/08) and what a cigar this is!

First of all, let me tell you that Gene is a first-rate great guy who was nice enough to attend my event and donate an amazing grand prize for my raffle - two people to the D.R. - thank you again Gene!

On to the cigar. This cigar will be available in about 2 months. The CL3 (Corojo Ligero to the 3rd power), the only cigar to the 3rd power, was a torpedo shape full bodied cigar with a beautiful oily reddish-brown wrapper. Upon lighting, you immediately get a complex taste of a creamy, nutty flavor with undertones of twangy black pepper spice. The taste lingers on your palate for a while and the cigar continues on with the twangy spice building ever so slightly. I nubbed two of these cigars back to back and I had plenty of other high-end cigars with me that I could have easily lit-up and smoked this day, but I chose these instead.

Gene stated that the ones he brought to my herf were in his suitcase for a day or so they might be a little dry but I have to say, that if these cigars were this good being a bit dry, I can only imagine how they are going to be with some time in the humidor. Every one that tried this cigar that day really liked the cigar and I had guys that have been smoking for years agree that this was a fantastic cigar. The pricepoint on this cigar will be approx. $7.00 which makes this a great deal for this cigar.

Now if I can only find some more....

Thank you for sharing your take on this cigar. The price point seems reasonable, so I think I'll try these when they're available.

What does CL3 stand for?

And they did smoke great!

I've tried a few of the Arganese cigars and loved them. Never did a formal review, but I remember them being great cigars with a lot of good flavor. The last I had was a robusto that definitely kept my attention the entire smoke.

Gene makes a damn fine cigar. They are very robust and full of flavor.

They are great cigars. The ML3 is as good too! I was fortunate enough to smoke these pre-production in Gene's house as a guest. Quite an experience.

Here's Gene with them

251341017_nEaGG-M.jpg

The view from Gene's balcony in Santiago

251341102_XYtvP-M.jpg

and lasly, me in Gene's fields!

251341665_27yMP-M.jpg

The whole series can be seen here
http://turk10mm.smugmug.com/gallery/428616...251341020_ceXgz

Recently seen the Arganese CL3s at some on-line vendors. I love a good Corojo Ligero, so I thought these may be worth a try. Has anyone smoked any of these since the release? Pros/Cons?? TIA

I haven't tried one but I have been checking around for them...I am not sure they have hit the shelves in most places yet.

I've recently smoked a few Arganese Cigars and have to say that they were all solid smokes.
Connecticut, Cameroon, and Maduro al performed well with good flavor. I am impressed enough to continue exporing his offerings.

Thanks for the replies... Sounds like I'll have to see if I can find a few to try before I buy a box. :rolleyes:

I just finished one of these gifted to me by a very generous brother and it was fantastic. I had the robusto and it was very flavorful with a great body to it without being overpowering. I don't know much about the availability of these but I would definitely seek more of them. Give them a try if you like full bodied smokes but aren't a nicotine hound.