• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jameson Cigar Petit Corona

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
Cigar: Jameson Petit Corona
Size: 5 x 44
Smoking Time: 55 min.
Drink: Water

Pre Light: Cigar was a little dry, but that’s because it was shipped for a couple days in the Texas heat. Since I promised to do a review on it, I decided to put 2 of the 3 in the humidor, and smoke the smallest one first. Though it was a little dry, it wasn’t falling apart by any means. Just a little split of the wrapper when the cap was cut off, no big deal. As far as the cigar band, there is quite a bit of “negative” white space that could turn away possible consumers because it doesn’t “catch their eye” so to speak, however, that’s JMHO. After the cut, a unlit draw was taken through the cigar, and it seemed VERY promising. Great Construction as far as the wrapper is concerned, let’s see how she smokes.

313173567.jpg

First Third : The initial smell from lighting was amazing, maybe it’s me, but Sumatra wrappers are just a great cup o’ tea. The first few draws I didn’t quite know what to expect, I kept puffing and puffing to decide what exactly I was tasting, then it hit me; it was a very mellow, nutty and mild spice. Keep mellow in mind. Thus far, I’m pretty impressed. The aroma is a bit “flowery” and packed with many different flavors. This is a cigar definitely pleasant to be around, even if you’re not smoking it. The end seemed to be rolled a bit loose, as the cigar ashed itself only about 1/3 of an inch into smoking it. Let’s see how this develops.

313173572.jpg

Second Third: One immediate notice is that the construction of the body of the cigar is definitely better in the middle than it was at the end. The ash stayed on for about a whole inch, and the burn is perfectly even without me having to “tailor” the end of it. I have noticed a bit more spiciness picking up as we get further into the smoke. The cigar definitely picks up, and becomes a bit more full bodied than it was at the beginning. There is no longer a hint of nuttiness, but a more earthy, leathery flavor coming through. All I can say is, wow, this cigar definitely hit’s the flavor spectrum on all ends. On to the end, let’s see how she finishes.

313173586.jpg

Last Third : The last part seems to build on the second third, just as the second third built on the first. Construction and burn are still flawless at this point, and the spicy flavor is still ever prevalent, and seems to pick up a bit. I would have to say this is a fairly full bodied smoke towards the end, yet, it finishes very pleasantly.

313173583.jpg
313173581.jpg

Conclusion: For the price per stick listed on Jameson’s Website, this is more than worth the few $. If you are a spice/ leathery flavor fan, you will love this cigar. I always thought negatively of Sumatra wrappers, however, this has completely changed my mind about them. Going into the smoke, I didn’t expect much to be honest. But being someone who really enjoys the taste profiles and flavors that this cigar represents, I must say, I have to give it props. The only thing I didn’t like about it was the band/ packaging. It’s probably only a little tiff of mine, but just as far as suggestions for the brand go. The band looks really plain, with a lot of white space. If the cigar was to be more “aesthetically” pleasing to the consumers eye, I would either decrease the size of the band to something smaller (like say Tatuaje) or fill up the white space with something a bit more representative. The band having “imported” on it, gives me the impression of “gas station cigar” or “yardgar.” I also feel that the cellophane was a bit too thin, also giving me the appeal of “a cheap cigar.” But all in all, that’s all I can say negative about this smoke. As far as the blend goes, two thumbs up, this little Petit Corona packs a hell o f a lot of flavor!

313173578.jpg

Appearance: 7/10 (Cello a bit too thin, Band has too much Negative space)
Aroma: 9/10 (Very pleasant)
Burn: 10/10 (Perfect burn the whole time)
Construction: 9/10 (A little loose on the end, ashed itself VERY early)
Draw: 10/10 (No plugs, not too tight, not too lose)
Overall: 9/10

The band looks really plain, with a lot of white space. If the cigar was to be more “aesthetically” pleasing to the consumers eye, I would either decrease the size of the band to something smaller (like say Tatuaje) or fill up the white space with something a bit more representative. The band having “imported” on it, gives me the impression of “gas station cigar” or “yardgar.”

Think something along the lines of San Cristobal in terms of grabbing attention or Tatuaje for the classy simplicity look.

Nice review! It's always great to hear when someone enjoys your cigars. I appreciate your feedback and will definitely keep the suggestions in mind. Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed account of your experience.

Nice review! It's always great to hear when someone enjoys your cigars. I appreciate your feedback and will definitely keep the suggestions in mind. Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed account of your experience.

You held up your end of the bargain, I held up mine.

:thumbs:

Had my petite corona this morning.

PICT4096.jpg

Nuff said!

I am planning on herfing with Souldog this evening. Will give one to him and smoke the other one myself.
We will review those tonight.

I just picked up my package from the front office at my apartment and I plan on smoking the Petit Corona here in a few minutes. I'm still a newbie to smoking so I'll do my best to review it.