• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jameson Short Torpedo

handyman dave

Newbie - Still old but not dead yet!
shorttorpoverallxj8.jpg
jamesonlabelcx8.jpg

Jameson Short Torpedo, 5 x 54

Nice appearing medium brown wrapper with one small vein. It felt quite firm, end to end, with no soft spots. Foot appeared nicely bunched and the cap was well formed.

footpi3.jpg
headud6.jpg

After charring and lighting the foot developed a small split in foot and a crack in the wrapper, neither of which affected the smoke.
There was very little pre-light fragrance or taste.

splitsov9.jpg

At 1" it was still very mild with only very slight leather flavors noted.

1inashgn0.jpg
onethirdjv1.jpg

Half way through the ash continued to hold, dropping only a few small flakes along the way. The flavor was strengthening slightly. It was still smooth but quite bland. I found myself double-drawing to try to get it burning in a vain attempt to get more flavor out of it.

3quartersts2.jpg

The flavor did strengthen slightly through the rest of the smoke but remained very mild to my taste, with little to distinguish it in the way of flavor.

nubzq5.jpg

The ash finally dropped with a little over an inch to go, quite amazing! The remaining nub was getting was getting hot and a vegetal character emerged at which point I let it go out.

endqa4.jpg

Obvious a well constructed smoke that held an exceptional ash. But what it had going for it in terms of construction it lacked in flavor or complexity. It was certainly not unpleasant, it just didn't distinguish itself to my taste.

Perhaps it would be innocuous for a very young or beginning smoker, but there was not enough flavor for this smoker.

Great review Dave and nice pics! I'm going to wait about six months before trying my second one. See if it develops any further.